Wisdom and Spirit attacks

By Ywingscum, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Just wondering, there are some items that have attacks using Wisdom and Spirit. This seems odd to me.

Weapons main attacks are Might, agility and Wit.

when would I ever make a wisdom attack? For 1 success?

Perhaps things for future characters like Gandalf?

That’s basically it. So they can future proof some characters who will be stronger in Wisdom or Spirit and also be decent attackers.

Aragorn's Wisdom is better than his Might. That's kind of one of the incentives of picking the Wisdom upgrade for the Sword. Similarly, Gimli's Spirit and Might stats are equal, but you can get the chainmail upgrade that increases his Spirit and the Axe that uses Spirit to attack instead of Might. They're very specific situations, certainly (especially with Gimli), but there's still valid reason to use one over the other.

If you're talking about other items/armor/trinkets that also have attack stats but aren't traditionally weapons (like the banner, cloak, fang necklace, etc.), I think you can actually use those in tandem with your main weapon, so long as you're using the same attack stat and the range is valid. They're usually weaker than the main weapons, sure. But they give you extra hits for those rare situations where you have excess successes you couldn't ordinarily use.

Edited by Annette Soleil
3 hours ago, Annette Soleil said:

I think you can actually use those in tandem with your main weapon, so long as you're using the same attack stat and the range is valid. They're usually weaker than the main weapons, sure. But they give you extra hits for those rare situations where you have excess successes you couldn't ordinarily use.

This is correct