If You End RPG's, I End My Purchase of Boardgames

By Sturn, in News

I'm a long time fan of FFG. It's by far my favorite game company with decades in gaming. I can't recall if it was the boardgames that got me on the RPG's or vice-versa. I'm an example of one half of your company helping earn more profit for the other half. I've got about 20 boardgames and growing from FFG. I love the RPG's just as much and I'm guessing around 50 books on my shelves.

It looks like FFG is ending their RPG's. That being said, see the title. I believe many other RPGers share my sentiment. If you start trimming the RPG's to get a slimmer figure, you might be surprised when you are actually getting less "dates".

There are solutions in my opinion. The Foundry is brilliant. Keep it open and transfer all of your RPG's that you retain IP over into PDF's. They can be sold with nearly no overhead unless my knowledge is lacking. If you wish, hire freelancers to make new "official" content, come out with future updates to current products, etc. Then, all you need to do is make the dice. If you are still making boardgames, you obviously can still make the RPG dice.

-A concerned long-term fan.

Edited by Sturn
typo

Rut Roh, Raggy! This is bad. Still waiting on an official word but this could suck.

I have a stack of Genesys and L5R books (the latter making it into my top ten RPGs of all time, based on 40+ years in the hobby). Fantasy Fight bowing out of the RPG business would be a blow to the whole hobby. I like some FFG boardgames but I am primarily an RPG guy.

Man I hope there is some solution like turning to community based content or even Kickstarters to keep some of these lines going, well-made RPGs seem to do quite well with crowd funding, at least based on the many successful campaigns I have backed or seen.

I was just getting a to FFG after the whole Dark Heresy debacle! If this is there answer I will echo Sturn's opinion!

So, seems Asmodee has moved Star Wars to Edge Studios