Weird War Setting - OSS 42

By player1559568, in Your Settings

I've created a weird war setting of my own called OSS 42. Its basically members of the OSS stopping Nazi cults, supernatural, crazy tech, the works. The attached files are the game resources. Feel free to tell me what you think. I'll be running this at Fire and Ice convention in Manitowoc, WI in little over a week as well if you want to try it out. The blurb below is from the Character creation guide.

"Welcome to OSS Group 42. The world of OSS Group 42 is very similar to ours. The wars of the 1930s and 40s, best known in the west as World War Two, follow mostly the same trajectory. Spain goes into civil war against the fascists, a militaristic Japan lays eyes on a pacific empire and invades China, forces of Nazi Germany invade Poland while Italy attacks Africa with dreams of an empire; all stuff well documented in the history books. Where history diverges in this game is in the cracks; the reasons, the details of the war. In our stories the occult and weird science are not fanciful tales or unfulfilled prospects for the Axis and Allies alike but are real and tangible things having weighty impact on the war effort. OSS Group 42 is the unit in Europe fighting against such supernatural horrors and mechanical monstrosities. They also fight fire with fire bringing Tesla-tech and druid magic against and all sorts of abilities, lost magics and new technologies against the forces of Axis Europe. The OSS stands for the Office of Strategic Services and laid the groundwork for the modern day Central Intelligence Agency. However, the OSS wasn’t all spies, and Group 42 is a collection of men and women from a verity of backgrounds with the goal of taking on the threats that the average GI isn’t prepared to handle. Your standard US Marine may be able to take out a bunker with a satchel charge but will be at a loss when a fire elemental bears down on his position. The people of the Group 42 aren’t average, this is what they’re here for. Group 42 is a US Army unit under Brigadier General George Carmel’s command. Obviously, there are several levels of between the enlisted and the good general but all of Group 42, and similar units tasked with the fighting of the supernatural and occult, fall under his command. The exact number of men under him is classified but Group 42 isn’t alone. At a minimum there is Group 16 preparing for the invasion of Japan as they island hop ever closer to the home islands and Group 10 embedded with the soviets as part of a mystic arts exchange, some of the reds are KDY with US forces as well. Given the rarity of the skills and abilities needed the British, Russians, free French and other allies have lent men, women and arms to the cause making Group 42 a de facto an international outfit."

Charater Creation Guide.docx Genesys Talents Expanded Version 5.1.docx

This looks like a great start. I hope you post some session reports and progress on development. This might be the only Tannhauser type setting we get. :)