Timeline

By Hida Marci, in Lore Discussion

I just bought the French translation of L5R, and I don't know in which time period to play.

Any ideas/advices?

Thanks for the help.

Well, to an observer with less than perfect knowledge, it might currently look like there is a Scorpion Clan coup in progress...

If you have Imperial Histories from the 4th edition you have enough setting to just use the rules from the 5th edition and set your story at whatever time it pleases you

Just realized the OP posted in February 12 and he was just removed from moderator purgatory today. FFG needs to find a better solution to this. I had do keep badgering moderators for a week to finally have it cleared up for me.

Unless, of course, their plan is to get only stubborn, relentless people joining.

Oh wow, yes, that is bad .

I don't seem to have a problem starting threads. Granted, I don't not start may new ones if I can help it. I wonder what the deal is?

It’s because you are no longer a new member. That happened to me back in January, I started replying to threads and noticing that no one would address me, then I saw that all my posts and threads would be invisible until a moderator gave the ok and removed me from supervision. It took over a week because after 3 days I realized I needed to badger moderators.

It wasn't always this way. Seems like it might have been a response to an increased frequency of bots reposting L5R nonsense from reddit that contained hidden links. Either that or not having as many moderators anymore? Pure conjecture here

My money is on lack of moderators. I had to chase one down to finally post something and be seen by others. Although, you can already send PMs right out of the gate.