Good way to unmasked during a combat

By ChuiSaoul, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

Okay, I am currently trying to think of a way to unmasked in combat that have some weith to it. Because, in a combat setting it sure you will accumulate aloot of strife but, the core rulebook don't give that much exemple of in combat unmasking. Do you have any to suggest to me ?

Crying, screaming, shouting, running away. Any other obvious ones?

We ruled that pulling a "brutal execution" on an opponent counts as an unmasking in combat. So your attack kills a guy, and if you decide to Unmask at the end of the turn then you kill that guy in a particularly brutal, messy, and unsamurai-y way.

Alternatively, the reckless slaughter you cause set up a kind of environment that, at a certain point (when you unmask), reveals you to be the bloodthirsty monster you are. A deep shadow is cast on your face, an ominous silence befalls on the scene, and as you slowly turn back to your allies with bloody weapon in hands, they see you as a daemon feasting on death.

On a more humorous side, a terrible one-liner is also unmasking and might actually cause much more harm to the character than the previous two.

I had one of my samurai throw herself to the ground acting like some sort football/soccer player getting clipped, only to realize the arrow only nicked the kimono.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 9:45 PM, AtoMaki said:

We ruled that pulling a "brutal execution" on an opponent counts as an unmasking in combat. So your attack kills a guy, and if you decide to Unmask at the end of the turn then you kill that guy in a particularly brutal, messy, and unsamurai-y way.

Alternatively, the reckless slaughter you cause set up a kind of environment that, at a certain point (when you unmask), reveals you to be the bloodthirsty monster you are. A deep shadow is cast on your face, an ominous silence befalls on the scene, and as you slowly turn back to your allies with bloody weapon in hands, they see you as a daemon feasting on death.

On a more humorous side, a terrible one-liner is also unmasking and might actually cause much more harm to the character than the previous two.

Exactly.

Of the examples given, Panicked Retreat , Enraged and Honour's Challenge all work perfectly on a battlefield.

Giving in to rage in a "stop stabbing him, he's already dead!!!" fashion or else falling back from the front line behind your allies would certainly count for the loss of honour.

Honour's Challenge would essentially justify leading into a Clash mini-duel with a narratively appropriate subject of your ire.

Edited by Magnus Grendel