[GenCon] Annual fundraiser

By Hinomura, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

For the fourth year in a row I'm helping organize a fundraising initiative to bring someone over to GenCon who wouldn't otherwise be able to attend, and for the second year in a row, I'm offering to auction off my services in the main event at GenCon to help raise those funds.

Here's what I'm offering: I'll play the clan and deck of your choice in the North American Championship. I'll also try to take part in as many side events as I can to earn extra prize tickets. The winning bidder will get all participation cards and bling from the event (if there's an upgrade to get anything extra, I'll include that too). If I make Hatamoto for any clan other than Scorpion, they get the Hatamoto mat (if I play Scorpion, the mat is already spoken for.). They can also tell me how to spend any prize tickets I earn. On top of that. I'm offering an exclusive 2020 Dinner for Villains and a Scrubs on Wheels soccer jersey with the number of your choice on. Finally, I'll cover postage to get everything to the wining bidder.

Last year's winner came away with a fantastic haul as I went 6-0 and made Hatamoto. Realistically, that's not going to happen every time, and the value of the prize haul will likely be lower than the winning bid, but the money really does go to a great cause and help a passionate L5R player enjoy a wonderful convention.

The auction will run for one full week, and finish at 10pm Eastern on Sunday February 16th. Bids can be placed by posting on this thread (which I'll have up in a couple of places) or by PM. The name of the winner will be revealed with their permission after the auction concludes. Funds need to be with me by the end of May. I'll update each post daily with the high bid.

I've already had a bid of $200, so that's where we're starting. Raises in $10 increments, please.

Thanks for reading this, and to everyone that takes part ❤️

Current high bid: $210 for Scorpion.

High bid is now $220, no clan specified.

Bump! High bid is holding steady at $220, with no clan by the bidder.

Bidding will close to 10pm Eastern on Sunday February 16th. I can't see there being a flurry of last minute bids, but just in case, any bids in the last 30 minutes will extend the deadline by 15 minutes.

I'd like to reiterate that everything won will be posted free of charge anywhere in the world. Also, if there is something in particular the winning bidder wants to wear, either advertising something or just an embarrassing outfit, I'm willing to listen to ideas :)

As always, drop me a line if you have any questions.

New high bid: $250, Scorpion.

And now $260 for Phoenix.

Double update!

$300, for High House of Light.

Swiftly beaten by $310, for Scorpion.

Dragon and HHoL back in front at $350.

Under five hours until this closes - Dragon (and specifically High House of Light) still leads!

A missive from the mountains proved irresistible. I'll be playing Dragon at GenCon!

Thank you to everyone who bid. You all rock.