Thinking about a homebrew jedi:ronin spec

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Are you going to type this out on a blank spec tree?

3 hours ago, daggertx said:

Are you going to type this out on a blank spec tree?

I could put it into ogg dude's generator and print to pdf, but it'll probably be next weekend before I get to that. If you want to do it in the meantime that would be appreciated.

Here is take of the Librarian (please provide feedback)

career skills: computers, knowledge(education), knowledge(lore), medicine

(Medicine is up for debate

*No* FR prerequisite

Researcher. Well Read. Grit. Secret lore

| | |

Respected scholar --- Fact check. As the force will it --- Secrets of the jedi

| | |

Researcher --- If it's not in the library --- Secret Lore. Transmogrify

| | |

Mental Fortress. --- Stroke of Genius. --- Knowledge is power--- Forbidden knowledge

| | | |

Dedication --- anatomy lessons. Force Rating ‐-- Secrets of the jedi (improved)

Fact check: can oppose decision checks made against the character with knowledge lore instead of discipline, a different knowledge skill can be used at the discretion of the game master on a case by case basis.

If it's not in the library: flip a destiny point to remove despair from a knowledge check.

Forbidden knowledge: (conflict force talent) once per session the character may use darkside force pips without flipping a destiny point or taking strain. They still take conflict for spending darkside pips as normal.

Might want to work in another rank of respected scholar but don't know where I could put it

On 2/9/2020 at 8:06 PM, EliasWindrider said:

I could put it into ogg dude's generator and print to pdf, but it'll probably be next weekend before I get to that. If you want to do it in the meantime that would be appreciated.

I will try to get a tree ready tonight.

On 2/11/2020 at 2:18 PM, daggertx said:

I will try to get a tree ready tonight.

How's the ronin sheet coming?

19 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

How's the ronin sheet coming?

I need to add the talents but this is what I have for the moment. I also need to add it to the Jedi Career. I seem to be missing those data files after I reinstalled the app.

JediRoninTree2.pdf

Edited by daggertx
Beta 2.0

Added version 2. Any issues? I still need to add all the new talents.

Edited by daggertx
10 minutes ago, daggertx said:

Added version 2. Any issues? I still need to add all the new talents.

It's telling me error that it's not available... maybe you could host it on mediafire and provide a link from there?

Okay will do. Do you know where Push Aside and Momentum are located?

4 hours ago, daggertx said:

Thanks @daggertx !

I see it. The "any" in the text of trusted by no one text should "a"

Coercion dodge is also a force talent. Push aside shows up in dawn of rebellion (force adherent tree)

Blade of the heart text should also have the white force die symbol instead of the words "force die"

Also it requires rather than grants force rating 2 but that's a limit of ogg dude's generator.

Edited by EliasWindrider

One other thing... looking at it, it would be one cool starting spec (e.g. skill list is great) but I'm not sure the quick path to power should apply to the ronin... the jedi order might rush to create knights and generals but they wouldn't rush to create a rogue jedi, then again ronin can be used for a blademaster rather than rogue jedi, and starting ronin in a game that started with order 66 is perfectly appropriate. So what are y'all's thoughts on whether the quick path to power rule should apply to ronin?

@EliasWindrider , I've been tooling around with my own concept for a universal 'Force-Sensitive Ronin' tree, but, after reading through all this, re-balanced it around being a Jedi career spec. I didn't get far enough into it to choose skills for it, but I think the 4 you picked (Lightsaber, Vigilance, Coercion, and Deception) work well enough with it [or maybe Stealth instead of Coercion?]. I basically just cannibalized bits from Exile and Padawan Survivor and put them on the Emergent tree's skeleton.

The concept is a Padawan whose master was killed before he could make Knight (very similar to Cal Kestis from Fallen Order), so while it has very few talents for combat (mainly just Deathblow and initiative/defensive buffs), it's more a theme of 'things that would keep a Force-sensitive alive during the purge without TOO much formal training.' Hope you like it.

Constant Vigilance Uncanny Senses Secrets of the Jedi Grit

| |

Uncanny Reactions Toughened Sleight of Mind Secrets of the Jedi (Improved)

| | | |

Uncanny Senses Uncanny Reactions Grit Sleight of Mind

| | | |

Toughened --------------- Intense Focus ------------- Touch of Fate ------------ Deathblow

| | | |

Superior Reflexes Sixth Sense Force Rating Dedication

24 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

@EliasWindrider , I've been tooling around with my own concept for a universal 'Force-Sensitive Ronin' tree, but, after reading through all this, re-balanced it around being a Jedi career spec. I didn't get far enough into it to choose skills for it, but I think the 4 you picked (Lightsaber, Vigilance, Coercion, and Deception) work well enough with it [or maybe Stealth instead of Coercion?]. I basically just cannibalized bits from Exile and Padawan Survivor and put them on the Emergent tree's skeleton.

The concept is a Padawan whose master was killed before he could make Knight (very similar to Cal Kestis from Fallen Order), so while it has very few talents for combat (mainly just Deathblow and initiative/defensive buffs), it's more a theme of 'things that would keep a Force-sensitive alive during the purge without TOO much formal training.' Hope you like it.

Constant Vigilance Uncanny Senses Secrets of the Jedi Grit

| |

Uncanny Reactions Toughened Sleight of Mind Secrets of the Jedi (Improved)

| | | |

Uncanny Senses Uncanny Reactions Grit Sleight of Mind

| | | |

Toughened --------------- Intense Focus ------------- Touch of Fate ------------ Deathblow

| | | |

Superior Reflexes Sixth Sense Force Rating Dedication

The advice I got was if a tree doesn't have unique talents it doesn't have a reason to exist.