Arkham Horror: The Card Game AMA

By FFGEvan, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

2 hours ago, DarthMaul said:

Some of the older cycles are out of print (Dunwich Legacy). Are there any plans to reprint these?

Nothing is officially out of print. One pack is currently sold out in a lot of places (Miskatonic Museum), but with some searching, people have even found that. There's no reason to believe they won't reprint it, like everything else.

What is going to happen once you run out of established investigators to print? Are you going to creat new ones? Release new versions of old ones? Or are you jumping straight into a 2nd edition of the game?

Are you still responding to rules questions? I feel like I send in questions, but don't get responses anymore.

• There seem to be quite a few people who didn't like the supplies system in the "The Forgotten Age" campaign (or at least a vocal minority). Are there any plans of modifying or adding some variability to the supplies system with the (hopefully upcoming) "Return to..." box?

• Is there a particular scenario which you weren't fully happy with, but couldn't find a better design solution? If so, which one?

• Will the still missing side-stories be added to cardgameDB at some point? (Curse of the Rougarou, Carnivale of Horrors, Murder at the Excelsior Hotel)

Hi,

Thank you for doing this. I hope that you will answer not only the fun and easy questions but also the tough ones.

Mine are not that bad though :)

1. Do you feel like the comunication between you and the community is working as well as it could/should.

If not, do you have any plans for how to improve it going forward.

2. What are your plans looking forward with the Taboo list? What are your thought regarding the way the commuinty has reacted to the list. I myself am a big fanof it so I would be happy if the taboos keeps on coming even faster but it feels like there are a few (vary vocal) community members who feels differently...

3. Is there reason to wory about the future of the game (you know what I mean...)

Lots of love from Sweden

Luke is a super interesting character that really can break the traditional flow and make less used cards interesting and super fun to play. But that also pops up a lot of rules questions and there are a lot of conflicting answers to the questions on reddit and BBG. Here are some of the questions we personally ended up with while playing and were unable to come up with a good answer for.

• How does enemies already engage with Luke work when he plays an event “as if” he is at another location? - are they also considered to be engaged with him? Do they make AOO?
  • How does Shortcut work with engaged enemies? - both enemies already engaged with him at his original position and enemies at the connecting location? - are they moved with Luke and disconnected at the new location or do they all remain?
  • If Luke Spawns an enemy while playing an event at a connecting location and that enemy should spawn on Luke (fx Drawn to the Flame) - what happens to that enemy? Does it spawn at the connecting location? Does it spawn into Luke’s threat area? - and if so does it follow him back to his original location when the event ends? or does it spawn at Luke's original location?
  • Can enemies that end up in Luke’s threat area during an event come with him home to his Dream-Gate? (depending on the answer to the other questions this might or might not be relevant)

Any plans for the supply mechanics in The Forgotten Age or Return to The Forgotten Age? - Our group just finished (failed) The Forgotten Age and liked it except the supply mechanic, with 4 people you were asked to make choices with no knowledge of their impact and some was really not logical, like food and blankets.

As a follow up on the supply mechanic in The Forgotten Age, Why is the supply points for 1,2,3 and 4 players so uneven? In four players you could not afford anything while in two players you can buy most supplies with ease.

Want to give any hint on the next set of investigators we are getting?

And finally thanks for making this amazing game, it has become our board game group's all time favorite.

I kind of what to make a campaign where supplies come up again, because I kind of liked the idea, but with more justification as to why you can't take it all. Maybe scenario one, your supply wagons burn/plane crashes/ship gets wrecked and you have to explore just with what you can carry on your back. In Forgotten Age, you are presumably an at least reasonably well equipped expedition, why the heck can't you have food and blankets. Or tiny things like a compass, which shouldn't even be expensive.

Edited by Eldan985

Watching your FFG live stream? Does Handcuffs really remove all doom currently on an enemy? I thought it just prevented future doom.

Also, are you going to do anymore live plays? Because that was awesome!!! Would love to see more, would be cool to see you run through a campaign.

Hello Matt, Jeremy, and the Arkham crew.

With more and more complicated cards being designed, and lots of potential mind bloggling interactions, I'm pretty sure lots of players are getting confused with the terminology used accross different cards.

Example, you state in the FAQ, there's no real difference between being "AT a location" or "IN a location" but both are used.

Would you be able to make glossary of sorts to detail the differences/similarities between terms you can use, Such as "Take an action/peform an action/use an action"... etc...

Many thanks.

Edited by clippermonkey
accuracy

Have you thought about an At the Mountains of Madness expansion/campaign? A freezing cold expedition would create all sorts of opportunity for whole new genres of trauma : ) amazing work.

Is there a possibility that at some point in the future we get a taboo-oriented "expansion" which would contain physical copies of currently tabooed cards? Bonus points if it comes in a "Return to" style box with art oriented towards storing Investigators and Player cards. :)

Hi Matt I'm playing AKH LCG for a a while so I got some Question to clarify

1. Does you plan to publish Errata cards pack as individual purchase for purchased customer?
  2. Does you plan to publish Taboo card pack as individual purchase too?
  3. Survivor capped on Lv.3 for so long should we add some of them? Got only a few is sufficient compared to other class.
  4. Exile system of survivor is so small implemented.
    Is there any play to make the Exile system to fill the gap instead of Lv.4 or 5 card?
  5. How to deal with dud cards? Some is unusable compared to another.
    Example
    1. Fire Extinguisher (1)
    2. Against All Odds (2)
    3. Infighting (3)
    4. Mano a Mano (1)
    5. Springfield M1903 (4)
    6. Monster Slayer (5)
    7. Ambush (1)
    8. Trench Knife
    9. Kukri

What did you guys go to college for? What degree did you get and how has it helped in your design career?

In one half of a year, we've seen 3 independant scenario announced. Are these independant products supposed to continue to spread out at the same rythm or was it just exceptionnal ??

Any chance we will get official 3d minis for investigators?

Or an official "campaign book" that has a whole campaign printed on a hard copy book? So I don't have to shuffle through all these different folded pieces of paper.

Are you planning on releasing more "gimmicky" cards like the multi-class cards we got in TCU? Will there be more Tarot cards? Are Myriad and Bonded here to stay?

Hi Matt and Jeremy!

When will Mr. "Rook" be added to the Mutated list?

Also, can either of you confirm that Lola Hayes is, in fact, the best investigator? Could you share any playtest anecdotes from the development of Lola Hayes?

Also, Matt, in your headcanon, what happens to your favourite investigator Diana Stanley during the Circle Undone?

Thanks @FFGEvan , Matt and Jeremy. That was really interesting. Very much looking forward to hearing about the new type of product coming out after Return to The Forgotten Age!

So, as someone who has never twitched before... where can one watch this thing now?

Could the card Joey Vigil (3) discard other player’s item asset to gain resources?

7F7EA49A-A4DB-46E0-972E-78FD197A9609.jpeg

3 hours ago, ChongZi said:

Could the card Joey Vigil (3) discard other player’s item asset to gain resources?

No. This is because everything before the colon in the free triggered ability is a cost, and " Only the controller of a card or ability may pay its costs. Game elements another player controls may not be used to pay a cost." Under 'costs' in the RR: https://arkhamdb.com/rules#Costs

When using the card shrivelling (0) ,I choose to trigger Olive McBride ‘s ability and reveal three chaos token:+1,0,SKULL. If I choose +1 and 0 to resolve,will I take 1 horror?

14 hours ago, ChongZi said:

When using the card shrivelling (0) ,I choose to trigger Olive McBride ‘s ability and reveal three chaos token:+1,0,SKULL. If I choose +1 and 0 to resolve,will I take 1 horror?

You take no horror in that scenario. You are ignoring the Skull token, even though it was revealed.

Can I play two copies of Live and Learn(The forgotten age #200) to try twice more after I failed a skill test, even if the first one is successful?