How do you choose your next quest?

By Atreides73, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

When you complete a quest and the book says to choose between two possible quests, how do you choose it? Do you make OL or Heroes read the entire description of both the quests? Or do you read just the rewards? How do you behave?

Thank you!

Since no informations should be kept secret to any player, I read them all too all players so they can choose wisely

40 minutes ago, rugal said:

Since no informations should be kept secret to any player, I read them all too all players so they can choose wisely

I agree, but often we haven't enough time to read all of them.

Does everybody behave like Rugal?

Easy method to save time is give them a run down of the rewards. "Hey, if you follow this quest line you can get a neat bow. This quest line gives you a shield...etc" Heroes are greedy little things, always craving their trinkets.

41 minutes ago, Nagash1959 said:

Easy method to save time is give them a run down of the rewards. "Hey, if you follow this quest line you can get a neat bow. This quest line gives you a shield...etc" Heroes are greedy little things, always craving their trinkets.

Ah, ah! Yes we usually read the rewards!

You can also look at the Quest stats on d2etracker.com to see which quests might be easier for your side: http://d2etracker.com/stats_quests.php

16 hours ago, Xyphistor said:

You can also look at the Quest stats on d2etracker.com to see which quests might be easier for your side: http://d2etracker.com/stats_quests.php

I didn't know that site. Thank you!

Scan the quests and give to each player so they can choose between 2 play sessions

10 hours ago, rugal said:

Scan the quests and give to each player so they can choose between 2 play sessions

Good suggestion. Thank you!

On 1/28/2020 at 5:50 PM, Xyphistor said:

I just noticed there are no stats for The Chains That Rust quests...?

3 minutes ago, ssorgatem said:

I just noticed there are no stats for The Chains That Rust quests...?

There are, they are under the 'Other' tab. Not really sure why 😛

The stats there are generated by people playing the campaigns and using the tracker to track their progress, so there isn't necessarily huge amounts of data to work with for the less-well-played campaigns.

If you guys are playing Overlord campaigns I highly recommend using that site to track them for you, it's a huge time saver (and completely free!) :)

58 minutes ago, Xyphistor said:

There are, they are under the 'Other' tab. Not really sure why 😛

The stats there are generated by people playing the campaigns and using the tracker to track their progress, so there isn't necessarily huge amounts of data to work with for the less-well-played campaigns.

If you guys are playing Overlord campaigns I highly recommend using that site to track them for you, it's a huge time saver (and completely free!) :)

The only drawback is that is still doesn't have the Lost Legends classes, which saddens me terribly, because it's great for tracking campaigns.