Captain Phasma’s (Pilot) Log

By Ronu, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Mean, ruthless, menacing and hard to kill. Captain Phasma is all that rolled into a nice little package of a TIE s/f. So had a match today and decided to proxy Phasma and see if she was as good as she looked on paper.

my list:

TIE/sf Fighter - Omega Squadron Expert - 36
Omega Squadron Expert - (34)
Fanatical (2)

Fanatical (2)

Fanatical (2)

Fanatical (2)

TIE/sf Fighter - •Captain Phasma - 56
•Captain Phasma - Scyre Survivor (39)
Fanatical (2)
Fire-Control System (2)
Angled Deflectors (3)
Special Forces Gunner (10)

Total: 200/200

My opponent brought Obi-wan, Plo Koon, and Saesee. Equipped with 7b and predictive shot.

I setup mid mid board and waited to see where he setup, which was my board right. Initial move was just a one bank to see where he would go. He came 4 forward. I pushed up the board and reinforced with Phasma and kept her just a bit ahead of others as bait. My opponent turned in awkwardly but managed to get 2 R3 shots on Phasma. Even with 3 dice Phasma took 2 Damage and passed them off onto wingmates taking non-herself. Some poor red dice kept my opponent around probably a bit longer than he should.

with 5 ships dual arcs and being able to swap in and out was a thing of beauty. By the end Phasma had suffered 0 damage. 3 SF’s were at 0 shields and two were at 1 Hull each. The other Omega was still at 1 shield so wasn’t even half points for my opponent.

The Angled Deflectors were a bit of a non factor in this match, I did use it but had enough evades or too few hits coming in to make an impact however it was easy to see how it might have an impact for minimizing big swings in dice variances. The other real option might be Juke instead of the FCS, Fanatical, AD combination.

This is a list that gets to fly reckless and laugh while doing it.

Long live the supreme leader.

So this list made an appearance at a vey small local tournament. Was only 3 rounds but still some interesting things to note and find out. 2-1 on the day but the loss was close and the wins were probably going to be a bit larger given about 15 more minutes. Rounds were only 60 min instead of 75.

First opponent was a resistance list of Greer, Snap, Ello and a Zari.

Setup in opposite corners, opponent tried to use the speed to swing around and flank splitting up a bit. I stayed in slow and tried to turn to meet him. Was able to get to Snap down into Hull without any damage to any of my TIEs. I was able to predict his next set of moves and removed all his shots. Greer was damaged to his last hull. Ello was also smashed however Snap had a couple of big rolls to prevent further damage. The next round saw me trying to swing back around as he ran around to regroup. A few shots traded Phasma still took 0 Damage. Next round saw Ello get caught and was eventually shot down, and Snap was also brought to one hull. Time got called before things could be finished.

won easily as my opponent only got 18 points for half off one of the TIEs.

second match was Nora (Arc), Jan and Wullffwarro.

Setup middle really wanting to go after Jan first. He split his force so I sent 1 to harass Nora while the rest went after Jan/wullff. He shot at Phasma did 4 hits. Phasma took one shield after her reinforce and ability resolved. With where he was positioned I didn’t get to press quite as much as I might like and he was trying to fly as fast as possible with his moves and boosting with Jan trying to stretch. About 3 rounds later I finally got Wullffwarro. Traded a TIE for it. Time got called and only needed to half Jan or Nora to get there. Didn’t get it however, big rolls and Nora’s ability prevented that. Lost 72-68. Next round I likely have my R2 shots and finish Nora and possibly Jan.

Round 3 was against Nora(Ywing) Gavin and Corran. Outside of an impressive Advanced Proton Torp from Gavin this was a pretty one sided match. I was able to get an early volley into Nora at R3 but key blocks of Corran and Gavin meant my force could easily focus and maintain time on targets without recourse. Easy victory 200-18.

not sure how I feel here Phasma is still just a monster and people do not want to shoot her especially with that reinforce. The list easily takes a hit and keeps going and spreads damage around has been easy enough for the most part. Not really sure if I want to drop the Omegas for Zetas and Optics instead for a bit more consistent damage output.

On 1/26/2020 at 7:01 PM, Ronu said:

Mean, ruthless, menacing and hard to kill. Captain Phasma is all that rolled into a nice little package of a TIE s/f.

Appreciate the battle report, interested to see how future games with her ability go for you.

Always a fan of advanced optics. Especially with 2 die ships.