Fixing Panic in the Streets Bespin Mission

By totalnoob, in Imperial Assault Campaign

It seems like this mission is really difficult for the rebels to win. Spoilers below for rebel scum...

I am considering adding an event after the office and Bossk are deployed.

A Helping Hand

- “psst.....in here for safety” says a low voice.

- deploy Lando Calrissian to the safe room adjacent to a door. Rebels control Lando as an Ally

- neutral mission tokens within 3 spaces of Lando enter the Safe Room

- while adjacent to a door Lando gains => => Open door and move 1 mission token within 3 spaces 2 spaces

I have no clue if this is balanced or not, but as it stands now I am going to murder the rebels (we paused or mission after 3 rounds). I think this is thematic, and will at least make it close. Has anyone tried anything similar for this mission?

Edited by totalnoob
Clarity
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 12:25 AM, totalnoob said:

It seems like this mission is really difficult for the rebels to win. Spoilers below for rebel scum...

My Rebels had no problems with this mission and won it handily.

It may be very swingy on luck of the rolls, and as such you should be careful making significant changes to the structure of the mission.

My Rebels did not even manage to open a single door. It's pretty difficult in my opinion.

When Bossk enters he kills last one of them - mission ends. And we play with custom heroes, who are more powerful than official ones.

So I implemented the fix above, and actually made it a competitive finish! I had 2 of 3 wounded, and they were able to get all the tokens into the safe room, but they couldn’t clear the 2 figures I had inside the room. So it ended on the last round (7).

I can certainly say if I didn’t give an ally, and have Lando be able to move some figures in - I would have had them murdered by round 4. This was thematic and made for a challenging game - which was far more enjoyable for both sides.