Descent availability

By Proff3RTR, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi all,

I have just started my journey into Descent 2nd edition, how easy are the expansions to get hold of in the UK? I am looking at Shadow of Nerekhall, I have looked every where but have had no joy, please help.

Perry

22 minutes ago, Proff3RTR said:

Hi all,

I have just started my journey into Descent 2nd edition, how easy are the expansions to get hold of in the UK? I am looking at Shadow of Nerekhall, I have looked every where but have had no joy, please help.

Perry

I got all the expansions via gameslore last year, if they don't have them in stock maybe shoot them a email to see if they can get it from there supplier, if not you might need to order from overseas and pay taxes, but its well worth a email first. I think there's a number of Lieutenant packs that have been unavailable since I picked it up, the Dragon, the Big Spider and I can't find Splig now either, but the main expansions have been kicking around.. Also you won't be able to get the conversion kit as far as I know, I've never seen it in stock, luckily I brought a brand new copy of 1st edition plus expansions and it was included.

There are copies on Amazon/US and Amazon/UK right now.

1 hour ago, crimsonsun said:

I got all the expansions via gameslore last year, if they don't have them in stock maybe shoot them a email to see if they can get it from there supplier, if not you might need to order from overseas and pay taxes, but its well worth a email first. I think there's a number of Lieutenant packs that have been unavailable since I picked it up, the Dragon, the Big Spider and I can't find Splig now either, but the main expansions have been kicking around.. Also you won't be able to get the conversion kit as far as I know, I've never seen it in stock, luckily I brought a brand new copy of 1st edition plus expansions and it was included.

Sorted, I have got the conversion kit thankfully, will see what gameslore can do, I know the gang there fairly well. LT packs I can pick up as and when and am not overly bothered about them, but the expansions need to be collected.

thanks for the speedy reply.

That is an awesome site, thanks for the heads up.

22 minutes ago, Xyphistor said:

That is an awesome site, thanks for the heads up.

I'd advise getting anything Terrinoth you do want fast- been monitoring much of it and quite a few things are getting harder to get or going out of stock and aren't on the reprints list.

Perhaps due to new things on the way, but it seems the older Terrinoth lines are being retired.

Even if it's still going to be available it's worth getting what you want soon just in case- things can and do become unavailable, and can be expensive second hand if this happens.

Seconding. I recently purchased quite a bit of Runewars because it’s in the same “style” of Terrinoth as Descent. It’s been pretty fun, although who knows how much longer it will be available.

I have the Runebound 3e base game, although I do wish the expansions were still available at a reasonable price.

21 hours ago, Lightningclaw said:

Seconding. I recently purchased quite a bit of Runewars because it’s in the same “style” of Terrinoth as Descent. It’s been pretty fun, although who knows how much longer it will be available.

I have the Runebound 3e base game, although I do wish the expansions were still available at a reasonable price.

And the Runewars minis are useful for Descent and anything else Terrinoth-y, useful for the collection so we can bring all the entities/heroes to all the games if we so wish :)

I only need Stewards of the Secret to finish my set. It's so annoying...

On 4/1/2020 at 8:20 PM, DavidFallows said:

I only need Stewards of the Secret to finish my set. It's so annoying...

Does seem to be rare and only sold out where I've looked at the moment, think it's been one of the popular ones as it's got some decent beasts/characters in which are some of the best, luckily I got this one, think there's just two D2e items I'm missing. I'm currently very carefully checking for missing components if any bits got lost along the way, the trouble with all this journeying in the dark 🙂 , just to be sure my collection's almost and soon-to-be complete (by compete it includes some doubling up due to things I am doing with my own custom adventures and tiles/kit needed to make those maps). Got to remember I need an extra Skarn for parts to make my bigger having-grown-in-size Skarn. 🙂 That's gonna be a nice future surprise for my players (Unless they've seen this post!)

The missing item I've been after was out of stock for a bit but has just become available again so they ARE still reprinting 2e stuff. Or shipping it from their treasure caverns. On order now, almost there!

If you can't get it/ while you're waiting/looking there are maybe a few copies of the Runebound THE MOUNTAINS RISE expansion still out there but these too are becoming increasingly rare- I managed to get one just in time- so if you CAN find one you could get the Nanok of the Blade figure as he's also in this set complete with his figure- you'd just need the info for his card etc.

Plenty of options for a naga / blood ape proxy out there if they don't make / ship more sets- I got the beastmaster from Runewars minis and Path of the Serpent from Mansions of Madness to add to my Descent RPG kit, not opened yet to check if base size would work for Naga substitute but it may be an option for you, or of course plenty of figures from minis companies would work as proxies. Some of the heroes might be trickier to proxy if not. I very much expect FFG will actually make more sets of Stewards available though if it still sells and some retail sites are saying it can be ordered ahead of restocking so it seems it will be.

Things have been selling out and coming back in stock Descent wise so they may still be replacing sold out items- although this may of course not be all of them (they might only be doing the key sellers and seem to have retired the first edition conversion kit which kind of makes sense as the cards have mostly been updated with the hero and monster collections and it's a very long time now since first edition, of course I still wish I could get the missing bits of first edition- I didn't get all of them before it went out of print and now they're crazy prices second hand, if you could still get Road to Legend (not the app - already got- but the game expansion) and the first edition lieutenants they'd have been on my list! Real shame they consigned these to history as some of them were quite unique to the game, really wish I could have got Slaggorrath to use in the spidery settings with Ariad (I have quite a fun origin story in mind for this 'creature' hehe) and plenty of the others deserved to stay, oh well, they're still in my project plans and I'm slowly finding good proxies...)

Remember of course what's unavailable now might remain so for a while if the virus problem impacts reprints/restocks.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:17 PM, Proff3RTR said:

Hi all,

Perry

If you're still looking/ for future reference Thirsty Meeples and Leisure Games sometimes have them, so might be worth emailing them- got a lot of my games from them and between them they recently had the core set and main expansions still in stock but games may have been selling well recently with people stuck at home more or restocking's gotten trickier as some other things are seeming harder than usual to get from some sellers, which isn't really surprising with the challenging situation we're in at the moment.

https://thirstymeeples.co.uk

https://leisuregames.com/

There's also this which is linked from Asmodee's UK site (not sure if they run this site but it's linked on asmodee.co.uk)

http://www.findyourgamestore.co.uk/