Is there a guide for the quest?

By Atreides73, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

(As usually I apologise for my not so good English)

We started Heirs of Blood quest few month ago. Every time I started a new adventure or encounter, I have a lot of doubts about some rules and mechanics proper to that adventure.
Is there any guide or document that analyse and reply to the most frequent questions for every adventure?

Thank you!

I'm not aware of any such thing. I didn't see anything in the latest FAQ. I've played some of the quests and could try to help you out though.

I don’t know of any guide that matches your description either. This forum is less active nowadays, but there are a lot of people here who are always willing to jump in with tips or clarifications on quests and rules.

I’m sure any question concerning Descent you cared to ask would get answered here.

Edited by Lightningclaw

Thank you so much for your kind replies. I'm looking for such a guide not to bother you with my questions for every quest I played!

In example, I'm going to play the second encounter of Caladen's Crossing and I have not understand exactly how the heroes attack works.
Reading instructions, it's seems like an heroe can make an attack from everywhere on the bridge, but we have to calculate range and LOS from the Vantage point. So an heroe can perform an attack without moving, even if he is in the farthest point on the bridge from the vantage point, right? Similarly, he can jump down the bridge even if he's not adiacent to the edge, right?

Sorry for the silly questions but I'm just a newbie.

Thank you!

Yes, you're correct, in my opinion. That is exactly how I would play it. Very interesting! I haven't played this one, but it looks intriguing. I think the designers were just trying to stay away from making the bridge rules overly complex.

In my experience, this encounter is paced rather explosively. The first few rounds while the OL is breaking the gate are mainly setup. Once the lieutenant shows up, the encounter is going to end faster than you can blink.

Because once the lieutenant shows up, the OL has to move really quickly if he wants to win, because this is at the end of act 1- the heroes can probably one-round any monster if they try.

That said, I struggle to see how this quest could be won without Belthir. His fly ability seems absolutely crucial to keeping him away from the heroes until he can escape.

That’s how I was able to win. I used kobolds to keep him surrounded by bodies when he ended his movement, and I was able to keep the necromancer’s fatigue down so he didn’t have an opportunity to use Army of Death.

Edited by Lightningclaw
On 1/25/2020 at 10:58 PM, Lightningclaw said:

In my experience, this encounter is paced rather explosively. The first few rounds while the OL is breaking the gate are mainly setup. Once the lieutenant shows up, the encounter is going to end faster than you can blink.

Because once the lieutenant shows up, the OL has to move really quickly if he wants to win, because this is at the end of act 1- the heroes can probably one-round any monster if they try.

That said, I struggle to see how this quest could be won without Belthir. His fly ability seems absolutely crucial to keeping him away from the heroes until he can escape.

That’s how I was able to win. I used kobolds to keep him surrounded by bodies when he ended his movement, and I was able to keep the necromancer’s fatigue down so he didn’t have an opportunity to use Army of Death.

Very interesting, thank you for your suggestion. I'm the Overlord, but I'm not so sure to win.
I'm thinking to use Belthir too, even if that extra esperience point I can gain with Baron Zacharet tempt me.

I thinked fly ability would be important to go over the heroes and get away to win (avoiding any heroes' block) but I didn't believe to use it to stay away from heroes.

I have only the core set, no expansion, so I can't use kobolds. I'm thinking to use Flesh Moulders to heal my lieutenant if I need.

Do you use some monsters trying to get away from the map and lower the healt of the Gatehouse? I'm considering to use Goblin archers to that aim, but I'm not sure they can survive enough.

Edited by Atreides73

Kobolds were a bit of a gamble. I was facing Seer Kel (figures and obstacles do not block her line of sight) and she had the necromancer’s army of death. If she had been able to cast army of death, it would have been a kobold genocide.

I don’t recall the other monsters. I played this close to a year ago, so it is fuzzy. I think I damaged the gatehouse heavily using monsters to exit the map, then finished it with a few attacks. I had a dash card and used that to blast Belthir very close to the exit, out of range of the heroes.

3 hours ago, Lightningclaw said:

Kobolds were a bit of a gamble. I was facing Seer Kel (figures and obstacles do not block her line of sight) and she had the necromancer’s army of death. If she had been able to cast army of death, it would have been a kobold genocide.

I don’t recall the other monsters. I played this close to a year ago, so it is fuzzy. I think I damaged the gatehouse heavily using monsters to exit the map, then finished it with a few attacks. I had a dash card and used that to blast Belthir very close to the exit, out of range of the heroes.

Everything's clear. Thank you!