Star Wars Duel of The Fates, added Annotated Images

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

On my word, what follows I know not to be false, but as in all things, may not prove to be true ...

20 Concept Art from Star Wars: Duel of the Fates

Duels

aa6xv9ho2bf41.jpg

“You lost, Ben.”

by cvialet_art

iyvs6rk5wfg41.jpg

Possible ending to Episode IX, from Colin Trevorrow’s leaked script.

Duel of the Fates first draft with script-annotated gallery of all the Concept Art.

thanks to ledzepfilm

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

4x6sz7ap8jc41.jpg

I see your Executioner Trooper and I raise you Light Guillotine!

smvllc609jc41.jpg

Poe and Rey pilot a Razer Sail through Bonadan waters, chased by the Knights of Ren in the Knife-9.

First Order Occupied Coruscant

Dude.

Dude .

Some of these would have gone over so poorly.

Especially FO Occupied Coruscant. Gods, I can't even imagine the wailing about how little sense that structure makes.

57 minutes ago, KCDodger said:

Some of these would have gone over so poorly.

Especially FO Occupied Coruscant. Gods, I can't even imagine the wailing about how little sense that structure makes.

They literally take over the galaxy in a day or so between tfa and TLJ. Why wouldn't they take over the old capitol now that the new one is vaporized?

2 hours ago, McFoy said:

They literally take over the galaxy in a day or so between tfa and TLJ. Why wouldn't they take over the old capitol now that the new one is vaporized?

E xactly! Coruscant is such an established and important part of the Star Wars universe, going back to it backs much more sense than not. Did they even reference the Imperial capital and former seat of the Republic in the sequel trilogy? At all?

Further proof (if any were needed) that the former Captain knows not of which they bleat about. At this point I'm going to assume the name change was a demotion.

Anyway, back to the pictures - is that supposed to be Phasma on the guillotine picture? Or a Phasma equivalent?

The KoR's Knife-9 looks sweet!

Its also seems like that's another supremacy type ship just hovering as opposed to a building.

9 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

The KoR's Knife-9 looks sweet!

At first it seemed too close to the new Cylon attack crafts (which I don’t like) but I got over it and this would make a great scene.

It would also give the Knights of Ren something more to do than be one hit wonders.

Literally. They go down after one hit. Hipster Sith *******.

Just now, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Literally. They go down after one hit. Hipster Sith *******.

How is that a curse word?

46 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

How is that a curse word?

Beats me. The domain of the Devil (an what he does to your soul) are apparently curse words as well.

We live in lightweight times.

13 hours ago, McFoy said:

10 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

E xactly! Coruscant is such an established and important part of the Star Wars universe, going back to it backs much more sense than not. Did they even reference the Imperial capital and former seat of the Republic in the sequel trilogy?

The reason Coruscant was not in any major post Return of the Jedi storytelling in the Disney era was because it was set up for Episode IX.

I am paraphrasing Pablo Hidalgo.

The Sith temple underneath the Jedi Temple established in the Tarkin novel maybe a seed planted for Episode IX as well.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:38 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

4x6sz7ap8jc41.jpg

I see your Executioner Trooper and I raise you Light Guillotine!

I think the laser guillotine literally gave me cancer, but there's a lot of potential in the rest of it.

16 hours ago, NotBatman said:

I think the laser guillotine literally gave me cancer, but there's a lot of potential in the rest of it.

Hey, at least they would have upgraded from TLJ.

At least from these images we would have gotten a movie that would have paid homage to the movies before it. I really would truly love to know their rationale for **** canning this version.

hwfxaj72fld41.png

Colin Trevorrow confirms that his version of Episode IX - "Duel of the Fates" - would have had "Kylo Ren redeemed at the very end by Rey. He dies with the light in his eyes."

oh great kylo ren gets the s**t no matter who's writing it

Just. Wow.

I hope you guys realize you'd have hated this movie too.

10 hours ago, KCDodger said:

I hope you guys realize you'd have hated this movie too.

Oh, probably.

I mean, it had to try and make sense of the garbage that Ruin Johnson left us with in the least jedi, so it was facing an uphill struggle from the start.

8 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Oh, probably.

I mean, it had to try and make sense of the garbage that Ruin Johnson left us with in the least jedi, so it was facing an uphill struggle from the start.

You must have a lifetime supply of cheese.

It at least looks interesting... But yeah the Eclipse being stolen doesn't make too much sense unless they had a huge crew to commandeer it.

Also, it doesn't make sense that they would just captured Finn and make him slave labor since he was an actual traitor. They were going to make him shorter in TLJ so why change that?

3 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

It at least looks interesting... But yeah the Eclipse being stolen doesn't make too much sense unless they had a huge crew to commandeer it.

Also, it doesn't make sense that they would just captured Finn and make him slave labor since he was an actual traitor. They were going to make him shorter in TLJ so why change that?

Doubly bad: Making the single primary black character get captured and enslaved by a fascist government. Really not what anybody wants or needs and would come off super hamhandedly.

dvpoesA.jpg

This would have been a payoff from the comics, right? Could you imagine if they actually did that?