Verena Talos - K'tara Maneuver (help)

By mrhydejc, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Hi there,

I wonder about the right way to use K'tara Maneuver.

In my french game, I can’t understand if she should end her move exactly in the same space of the figure she pushes or she can stop before.

The english text is : Action : Move up to 2 spaces to a space containing a small hostile figure and push that figure 1 space. Then, perform an attack with a Ranged weapon.

But this translation does not really help me. (maybe my english skill is not enought)

How do you play K'tara maneuver ? Can she push a figure she does not see ? Can she push a figure she does not touch ?

Edited by mrhydejc

1. Move up to 2 spaces so that you would be entering a space with another small hostile figure - you cannot end movement on top of another figure, but the ability allows/requires that you move to a space with another small figure, so before ending movement, push the small figure in that space by 1 space.

2. Perform an attack with a ranged weapon. She doesn't need to attack the pushed figure, any hostile figure in line of sight will do.

She does not need to have line of sight to the figure before she moves the 2 spaces, but there needs to be one empty valid space to push the hostile figure into, she makes room for herself.

That's the way i understand it.

But my rebels say that the instruction "Move up to 2 spaces to a space containing a small hostile figure" do not imply to reach its space and they can stop before entering the space then push.

4 minutes ago, mrhydejc said:

That's the way i understand it.

But my rebels say that the instruction "Move up to 2 spaces to a space containing a small hostile figure" do not imply to reach its space and they can stop before entering the space then push.

If it said " toward a space containing a small hostile figure" I would agree with your Rebels. But it's clear that you have to move into the figure's space.

If they're hang up on "up to", it means you can move 0, 1, or 2 spaces. Moving 0 space you are not in a space with a small hostile figure, so cannot push, but could still then attack.

In Imperial Assault you perform as much as you can, and normally you don't need to be able to perform all or any part of an ability to be able to use it.

@a1bert Actually, the the misunderstanding come from the second "to"

Its like @ArtemisKnab said.

The french translation uses the same word to translate "move to" and "move toward". Some players prefer use it as "move toward".

As i see there is no debate on the meaning of "move to" for you, we will use it as "move to".

Thanks you