Fog of War Battle Report

By Jayne Starlancer, in X-Wing Epic Play

Played a seven player Fog of War scenario this past Saturday. We ended after three hours with a First Order victory (Raider with turbolaser and two wings).

We converted the 16 threat into 400 point builds. That was fun but a mistake. The board was crowded and it was hard to find spots to bring in reserve ships.

When we play it again, we will either use Quick Builds or more likely put a ship limit on each player, probably 6 ships per player. Or perhaps building 200 point lists would work.

Yep. I have played this scenario with three and four players. It seems like it would be MUCH better with five or six (or seven?!?!?!). And we played with 300 points and found that to be solid - with three and four players. I can't imagine what it must have been like with SEVEN. Next time, if you can remember, take pictures for us!

Do you think it matters that you get points for each ship destroyed? So if you have numerous smaller ships you can destroy them for the points easier?

Not sure... we adjusted the rules that you got half points for taking a ship down to half health value. Then you got the other half the points for destroying a ship.

That seemed to work. Nobody even touched the Raider though. Fog of War might work best without Huge ships, but I don't know for sure.