Elder Sign House Rules

By RonWesley, in Arkham Horror

What do you do to nerf overpowered investigators that can carry the other players without a scratch? What do you do to buff adventure rewards because they otherwise would never be worth the attempt? What do you do to buff Ancient Ones that are a breeze to play against?

For Jenny Barnes, I make it so she can only add the yellow or red die by discarding an item that already gives her the yellow or red die.

Since the Loading Dock is not worth attempting for only one common item, I add one common item to the reward.

Since The Curator and We Need to Find Help are both quite hard to complete (and WNtFH just needs that lore), I add a unique item to The Curator's reward, and an Ally to We Need to Find Help's reward. reverse phone lookup nba reddit pcpartpicker

Azathoth doesn't have a midnight attack or any other effect, so I add that for every Mythos card that lacks an immediate or lingering effect, you add one doom token in it's place. This is untested and unreviewed, but I think it might work way better than Azathoth currently does.

Are there any other house rules you play by?

Edited by RonWesley
On 1/20/2020 at 2:32 PM, RonWesley said:

What do you do to nerf overpowered investigators that can carry the other players without a scratch? What do you do to buff adventure rewards because they otherwise would never be worth the attempt? What do you do to buff Ancient Ones that are a breeze to play against?

For Jenny Barnes, I make it so she can only add the yellow or red die by discarding an item that already gives her the yellow or red die.

Since the Loading Dock is not worth attempting for only one common item, I add one common item to the reward.

Since The Curator and We Need to Find Help are both quite hard to complete (and WNtFH just needs that lore), I add a unique item to The Curator's reward, and an Ally to We Need to Find Help's reward. reverse phone lookup nba reddit pcpartpicker

Azathoth doesn't have a midnight attack or any other effect, so I add that for every Mythos card that lacks an immediate or lingering effect, you add one doom token in it's place. This is untested and unreviewed, but I think it might work way better than Azathoth currently does.

Are there any other house rules you play by?

Wrong forum