Question on different species

By Suneisha, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

So random question that I could have asked on any of the main lines but decided to ask on this one and as you will probably guess from the question I am brand new to this game.

In looking through the catalogue for Age of Rebellion I noticed two books that capture all the gear from all three lines and all the transports from all three lines respectively I.E. Gadgets and Gear and Starships and Speeders. I am a huge fan of having a variety of species but have noticed that they all seem to be spread over a broad range of the three products and endless expansions.

Does anyone know if there is a book that brings all the species together in the same way the two above mentioned books capture tech and ships?

Thanks in advance!

There is not one (yet...and likely there never will be).

2 hours ago, Suneisha said:

Does anyone know if there is a book that brings all the species together in the same way the two above mentioned books capture tech and ships?

Nothing announced, and the only folks that would know are FFG's former RPG staff and whichever freelancers worked on the book, all of whom are under NDAs.

Though, if FFG is looking to make a few more bucks on the license from the RPG side of things, a species compilation book would be a solid idea.

In the meantime, OggDude’s Character Generator has most of the published species (at present, he’s only lacking species from the “all-settings” black books) as well as the Unofficial Species Menagerie.

Thanks for the input guys!

For the character generator does it contain all the information to play the species if you don't have the relevant supplement?

It allows you to create a character that accounts for all programmed mechanics, but to avoid copyright violation and a cease & desist, any descriptive text is replaced with "See page x in (relevant book title)." It does, however, include a Data Editor feature that allows you to enter such data (as well as enter any data not yet programmed in by OggDude or any homebrew information that you'd like).

Edited by Nytwyng

That's cool, so if I understand correctly all the mechanical details are included?

19 hours ago, Suneisha said:

That's cool, so if I understand correctly all the mechanical details are included?

Not all. But most. There are some talents with game mechanical effects that don't affect character stats (e.g. are situationally applied) and these are not coded. And the generator is something like 4 or 4 books behind