few mechanic questions

By offimpulse, in General Discussion

1) what counts as perform an action? if i have a "Ashcan" Pete with passive "After you perform an Acquire Assets action, you may gain 1 Item or Trinket Asset with value less than your Observation from the discard pile" do i have to exactly buy something from 1 of those assets or i can just spend an action for it? if ill take debt condition it will count? i saw "when you perform" and "after you perform" cards.

2) can i use 2 rituals on action phase? except charlie action.

On 1/17/2020 at 5:17 PM, offimpulse said:

1) what counts as perform an action? if i have a "Ashcan" Pete with passive "After you perform an Acquire Assets action, you may gain 1 Item or Trinket Asset with value less than your Observation from the discard pile" do i have to exactly buy something from 1 of those assets or i can just spend an action for it? if ill take debt condition it will count? i saw "when you perform" and "after you perform" cards.

1. Performing an action means just trying. So if you pass the observation test you get an asset from the display, and then you can search the discard pile for another asset that's less than your current observation value. Even if you fail your influence roll for a display item, you can still get something from the discard pile.

2. As long as it's not the same spell, yes, as you cannot use the same component twice in the same turn.

On 1/17/2020 at 11:17 PM, offimpulse said:

8 hours ago, LordPyrex said:

2. As long as it's not the same spell, yes, as you cannot use the same component twice in the same turn.

You can't use the same action twice in the same turn. This rule isn't specific to components in any way.
In general you can use the same component as many times as you like in a turn, for example by using a "Gain +1 Strength" effect.

I think a clarification is in place of what constitutes a "same action". Each instance counts as separate action even if it has an identical text.
If you have an Enchanted Bow and Monster Hunter , you can perform action from both of these assets in one turn.
If you have two Old Journals , you can also perform action from both of these assets in one turn.
And if, theoretically, a card would have the same action printed twice then you could also perform both of these actions in one turn.

Edited by tsuma534
7 hours ago, tsuma534 said:

You can't use the same action twice in the same turn.

Yup, too many FFG game rules in my head, lol. I think Mansions popped in there and for a moment I thought it was only AH3rd with the single use mechanics.