INFO/LEAKS about the future of DESCENT From BGG forum

By jopan, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

2 hours ago, tibia said:

@rugal , did you see AltarQuest? There is the opportunity to get it in another Kickstarter project, if you missed it 🙂 Maybe it is what you are looking for 😉

I will look thanks

Edited by rugal

FFG are welcome to delay new project a bit (which will probably be the case anyway for obvious reasons), my collection's been boosted and my wallet's been ravaged by hungry gamecollector genes as I think, gamefingers crossed, I've found most of my most wanted bits of first edition now (including Gata, Slaggaroth and the original RTL)- so as long as none of my own existing 1e stuff is missing from the house move that means I'm still finding bits of it my 1e should hopefully soon have a far smaller hole in it (probably directly proportional to the hole in my wallet and the Sadler's two projects you mention do look rather worth adding too)

Oh and there's this print-yourself project too- which fits some of the locations/characters/'factions' like the Uthuk quite well- functional scenery 🙂

So maybe laters for any new stuff to give my wallet time to heal its hit points....

Very worth it though for a much-loved game- justifiably even the original first edition of Descent remains in Board Game Geek's top 100 on theme

Overall 340

Thematic 96

Not bad for the first edition

Second edition makes top 100 and top 40 respectively still:

Overall 99

Thematic 32

Bits I've hopefully found now are useful as all were already in my plans for my D2e and Genesys RPG fan projects, which I'm doing a bit more work on now options to do other stuff are limited with places closed temporarily. For example I'm planning on Slaggaroth being the human-spiderish spawn of Ariad as per d1e but with a bit 'extra' to his origin story. 'Slaggorrath, Slaggorrath, all the wrath of a spider's path, you're spider food in the aftermath' (sorry, went a bit Spiderman then)- spiders are one of the trickiest enemies in the game - especially those annoying webs- as I keep walking into a face-full of web i.r.l. I think the real ones are working on ensnaring a hooman! "One day we'll catch one...." The perfect ally (I actually quite like spiders) or threatening enemy.

http://www.descentinthedark.com/_s_/slaggorrath.php

Reserving some of my joy for when actually got them, just in case!

🙂

@Watercolour Dragon , the project I mention is AltarQuest which had a Kickstarter last year. Since there are delays in the delivery (due to Covid pandemy), they are reproposing the core set and two addons and it is worth having a look to them, IMHO. They are also adding a new addon (based on the container Kickstarter project).

The Fantasy project is just miniatures and I think it should just be considered as the vehicle to get AQ (you can just bid for AQ and/or its addons) unless you like the new minis for other games you already have.

I hope this helps 🙂

I'm not so fond of kickstarting projet, but if werewolves are unlock, I may really go into it 😉

Mmm ... Werewolves are already in stretch goals of AltarQuest game 😉 Did you understand that the link bring you to a "2-projects" kickstarter?

I'm not sure of what it is all about

@rugal , Fantasy project is just about miniatures (nothing else). AltarQuest is, IMHO, the best dungeon crawling boargame ever 🙂

Edited by tibia
14 minutes ago, tibia said:

@rugal , Fantasy project is just about miniatures (nothing else). AltarQuest is, IMHO, the best dungeon crawling boargame ever 🙂

Miniatures does interest me if their size fit descent.

I Altar quest is a cooperative game then I don't care. I always get bored when no player is the bad guy and I do like being it

On 4/19/2020 at 12:07 PM, rugal said:

I'm not sure of what it is all about

Altar Quest had 5 werewolves (as well as a character with both human and werewolf forms Leyson Pines) as a KS exclusive- so you may need to check if you'd get them buying it through the miniatures Altar Quest add on option.

You can get AQ as the $109 add on to the current miniatures campaign (Blacklist Miniatures: Fantasy Series 1) which already also has five werewolves (they've been unlocked so will be in the Fantasy series 1 set at $65).

"These miniatures are 28mm scale" Think that's the scale of Runewars Miniatures which is similar- can't remember for sure from past discussions on RWM vs Descent scales but I think this scale will work- others can probably clarify for sure if I'm right / wrong.

I'll likely get both if I can as they're useful kit for my Terrinoth games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blacklistgames/blacklist-miniatures-fantasy-series-1

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blacklistgames/altar-quest

If you just need a single werewolf piece the Remus Lupin Knight Models Harry Potter minis piece is quite good, as with AQ it has the human and werewolf form separately. I like that you introduced werewolves to Descent but of course there aren't any figures in the game so such proxies are useful.

https://www.knightmodels.com/en/harry-potter-miniatures-adventure-game/remus-lupin-werewolf-form.html

AQ does have all players (1-4) on the same side so there's not a 'bad guy' player.

Note to FFG, werewolf for next project please 🙂