Huge Ship Build - CR90 and Gozanti

By player4233697, in X-Wing Epic Play

Hi!

Im new to huge ships, played 2 games with Gozanti, lot of fun. But I have some troubles making good builds for the Huge Ships. Any suggestions to where to begin? CR90 Rebels and Republic, and Gozanti.

Thanks a lot :)

I have played the cruiser a few times with limited success as a light battleship or coordinator (it needs too much energy). I think the biuld, that I havnt done yet, is as a close support transport. I am thinking three interceptors and a torpedo bomber underneath.

Maybe this plus 50

Defender Gozanti ( 450 )

Outer Rim Garrison — Gozanti-class Cruiser 60
Stalwart Captain 6
Point-Defense Battery 9
Damage Control Team 3
Requiem 7
Ship Total: 85
Half Points: 43 Threshold: 8
Alpha Squadron Pilot — TIE Interceptor 31
Ship Total: 31
Half Points: 16 Threshold: 2
Scimitar Squadron Pilot — TIE/sa Bomber 27
Proton Torpedoes 13
Ship Total: 40
Half Points: 20 Threshold: 3
Rexler Brath — TIE/D Defender 81
Heavy Laser Cannon 5
Veteran Wing Leader 2
Ship Total: 88
Half Points: 44 Threshold: 4
Delta Squadron Pilot — TIE/D Defender 67
Heavy Laser Cannon 5
Ship Total: 72
Half Points: 36 Threshold: 4
Delta Squadron Pilot — TIE/D Defender 67
Heavy Laser Cannon 5
Ship Total: 72
Half Points: 36 Threshold: 4
Simple Text Reddit TTS

R90 With a GR75:

Cool, but I dont have the GR-75... But still, may get some ideas for the CR90 :)

There are several other lists in this subforum, check them out!

I think to get the most out of the Cruiser you need to maximize its special rules, carrying 4 ships, this then lends itself to requiem with targeting battery. After that you want a damage control team to get a linked reinforce action. Then you need a supporting wing, and nothing is tankier than defenders, who I give heavy cannons cause those are effectivly torpedoes against huge ships. The rest depends on how you are feeling. You can try the coms team with boosted scanner but if you are coordinating 2 ships a turn you lose energy too fast

What type if a game are you looking for when using the ships? 500 point brawl? 300 pt scenario from Epic Battles? When the game is will affect what type of build do go with.

I have not used my CR-90 yet, but I plan on using it as a ship that will try to circle the fight and fire with main guns like an old sailing ship. If it is fighting a Raider, you do not want to go straight at it. I might suggest not putting too many points into it. You will need enough small ships to keep them occupied while you try to flank them.

I think the Gozanti will do better in smaller games where points are tighter. I think it might also be good to keep it cheap and put the points into other ships. Get a hardpoint like Targeting Battery or Ion Battery and one Team. Leave it at that.

Gozanti and Carrier want to run cheaper, I agree. The CR90 and the Raider are the center pieces of your list; why invest 146 points if they don't punch? Calculate around 180 to 190 total cost for them.