[Blog] Musings about Epic: Flying huge ships

By Stefan, in X-Wing Epic Play

I love your writing style! Good job covering the basics, and I'm inclined to agree that Point-Defense Battery is borderline mandatory for the corvettes.

Thanks!

Thanks. Interesting insights

I have started to notice that, since huge ships move last, small ships attacking the with ordnance are often at range two for the shot (lock at range 3, then the huge ship moves closer). This has meant that I often don’t get the second charge used on my equipped torpedo. There are a couple ways around it but it is still an extra consideration when attacking them.

Yeah, realized the same thing. Another issue is that you can't trail them at range 1, since then you'll bump. The Empire has a real advantage here, since many of their ships can do a 1-turn and barrel roll, keeping the wing where you want it.

I would recommend adding that besides the 2 Actions, Teams will often give you linked actions, so you can end up with 3 Actions.

I see this pretty much as a given. There will almost always be SOME team equipped to a large ship, so a Calculate is likely.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I see this pretty much as a given. There will almost always be SOME team equipped to a large ship, so a Calculate is likely.

I think that sometimes it's not worth it for a Team. If you have a bare bones ship....or a cheap one that is just trying to do one function...it might not be worth it. It is true that Damage Control Team is only 3 pts.

Yeah, in the barebones case this is true, but then, these ships usually can't really use the Calculate anyway.