Psychic magic skill.. thoughts?

By Anchorsify, in Your Settings

Google doc with it here.

Wanted to make a magic skill purely for mental abilities, I am unsure of whether Willpower or Presence is better for it (there will be a general psionicist in the game, not sure what stat they will use and if general psionics should differ from pure mental/psychic abilities). Picked Willpower since that's more disadvantageous to my character, who is also a face, and will have a higher starting Presence.

I still need to implement some form of precognition likely its own new 'spell'/action, but holding off on it for now.. probably need to make mind reading more fleshed out, but it's doable. I am unsure whether I should have it function like a normal spell action (vs a set difficulty) or have it be a contested roll (vs someone's Discipline, for example).

Any thoughts/suggestions about things so far or what I haven't read would be great.

I've been converting some World of Darkness for a Ghostbusters setting, it's real rough, and by no means anywhere near finished. I'm still in the Direct Transition stage, next up is Rule Revision, then Lore Restructure, followed by Fit&Fab, before the final Polish. I think you'll find some of it helpful.

Again, it's a super rough work in Progress, but here ya go:

h ttps://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1cVZOthmLHjx1UYr11mEkA8OBUCOImVMSdXYM6-IoJ3U/mobilebasic

Edited by AlanTheBothersome
Wonky Grammar

Scott Zumwalt's Zynnythryx's Guide does a pretty good job with it. I piggy-backed and added to it in my own Timmorran's Tome too.