Wedge Antilles Action Card. every combat round?

By Spidey NZ, in Star Wars: Rebellion

i was having a game yesterday, and it was a small skirmish battle involving one mon cal cruiser an xwing, and a super star destroyer. I was imperials

the rebel player sent wedge to fight the battle, and played both wedges action cards. one in a million and target the destroyers.

I know target destroyers is for the whole combat, but he insisted that one in a million happend also continuously, as it couldn't specify when combat ended.

rather than arguing, i let him do it. we lost all of our ships in a stalemate. imperial worse off.

any clear cut way to word this? as i could see his side, and i could see his.

links to cards

One in a million: Here

Target the destroyers: cant find right now

Edited by Spidey NZ

"One in a million" lasts for 1 roll, and is then returned to the game box. Why? because that's how action cards work. They have an effect which is resolved, and then done.

Your friend is inventing card text for it to work the way he says. Compare the text to the text on "target the star destroyers" which you also mentioned. That card specifically states the effect is persistent over multiple combat rounds, "One in a million" does not.

Try reading through the action cards and consider how massively powerful they would be if their effects just lingered forever. This is not how action cards work.

Do what the card says. Don't do what the card doesn't say.

4 hours ago, LemonheadPrime said:

"One in a million" lasts for 1 roll, and is then returned to the game box. Why? because that's how action cards work. They have an effect which is resolved, and then done.

Your friend is inventing card text for it to work the way he says. Compare the text to the text on "target the star destroyers" which you also mentioned. That card specifically states the effect is persistent over multiple combat rounds, "One in a million" does not.

Try reading through the action cards and consider how massively powerful they would be if their effects just lingered forever. This is not how action cards work.

Do what the card says. Don't do what the card doesn't say.

thanks, thats what i thought. it will not happen again