Why wasn't squad builder updated yesterday?

By markrivett, in X-Wing Squad Builder

When I worked as a software developer, and a technical update needed to be made in correlation with a marketing or business announcement, we had an updated version of the software ready to go ahead of time. We just flipped a switch on the day, and everything was updated. Development and testing had been completed days, sometimes weeks, ahead of the announcement.

Why wasn't squad builder updated yesterday ahead of or immediately after the livestream? There are tournaments going on tonight and this weekend that are perfectly happy to use alternative squad builder apps, but why?

Is there an unqualified tech lead/project manager in charge of squad builder? Are the developers on vacation? This is not a challenging technical or administrative task. YASB and LBN were updated by ONE developer within hours of new points update.

What is the issue?

I think it wasn't updated because the new points do not go into effect for another ten days. These points documents are not yet "official" so the squad-builder did not get changed to the new values.

3 hours ago, Frimmel said:

I think it wasn't updated because the new points do not go into effect for another ten days. These points documents are not yet "official" so the squad-builder did not get changed to the new values.

Makes sense.

15 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

Makes sense.

The points documents do still have the label "upcoming" while the "old" points are still available.

Im still waiting on the huge ships to hit the app.

On 1/11/2020 at 3:02 PM, KingmanHighborn said:

Im still waiting on the huge ships to hit the app.

I'm fairly certain you won't see them in the app. As per a Discord announcement (see @Kieransi 's post below), a new app is in development.