Phoenix Clan Fiction - Beyond Reach

By Tonbo Karasu, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

Oh hey, the Crab can be just as much ***** as all the other Clans, who knew.

And now I know why Bobby brought up the "how sincere" thing on TLP recently.

Edited by UnitOmega
8 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Oh hey, the Crab can be just as much ***** as all the other Clans, who knew.

And now I know why Bobby brought up the "how sincere" thing on TLS recently.

Yeah, it's somewhat of an insult in Crab lands...

Welcome to Crab lands Tsuki. Hope you enjoy your stay.

While they weren't Crab centric stories we did just get two back to back fictions in Crab lands which is pretty snazzy. It's nice to see more outsider perspectives on the Crab. Tadaka seemed more eager to embrace the culture so he wasn't a good barometer.

It just occurs to me that Tsuki is going to be in the same vicinity as Kudaka and her crew. That would be a nice team up.

Well, that went well.

Carrying a purpose-built tsukai's knife, heading into the Shadowlands, already hearing the whispers, framed by the Crab... WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!

2 hours ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

Well, that went well.

Carrying a purpose-built tsukai's knife, heading into the Shadowlands, already hearing the whispers, framed by the Crab... WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!

I thought she had dropped that while leaving.

(How do you do spoiler tags?)

[spoiler*] like this [*/spoiler]

remove the * and you should get the right effect.

Nice deduction from Tsuki, there, by the way.

3 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Nice deduction from Tsuki, there, by the way.

Well, she WAS working on a detective novel...

9 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

I thought she had dropped that while leaving.

(How do you do spoiler tags?)

She did.

Above, she heard the stomps of Crab guards, their shouting. They found the dagger she’d dropped in the fall.

18 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

It just occurs to me that Tsuki is going to be in the same vicinity as Kudaka and her crew. That would be a nice team up.

We can hope! Best case scenario definitely.

Also, the Clan War starts when the Hare seize a Crab village under the claim of hunting Maho, with the end result that the Clan Champion sells out to a tsukai they didn't actually expect to find. And the next move we see here is that in order to cover his own *** the heretical Kuni daimyo provokes the Phoenix. While its not responsible for kicking off the war, the Taint seems to be shaping much of the opening of this conflict. The evil is already on this side of the Wall.

Edited by Doji Hyōkin

Well, there hasn't been a major Shadowlands outbreak in a while, Rokugan has become dismissive towards the Crab, thinking moving into their territories or wandering their lands without travelling paper is fair game.

How wrong they are and will be proven furthermore.

It would probably be easier to swim at night if Tsuki had glowy eyes and extra arms...…….

Just saying.

Edited by Ishi Tonu

New fic: *begins*

Me: Ah, this one's gonna be lighthearted for a change.

New fic: *continues*

Me: Wait, what?

New fic: *ends*

Me: Wow this is dark.

10 hours ago, Ishi Tonu said:

It would probably be easier to swim at night if Tsuki had glowy eyes and extra arms...…….

Just saying.

Alternatively, with help from a Ningyo.

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Ningyo?.........I dunno

Wait for it......

Sounds fishy. :D

I have a rule when it comes to embracing non-humans. Never trust something that is half-a-$-$ing it.

Half-human half-fish.......seems pretty sketchy to me.

Shadowlands creatures in the other hand. They are all-in on the evil so at least I know what I'm getting into.

Edited by Ishi Tonu
On 1/11/2020 at 1:04 AM, Tonbo Karasu said:

As in-laws go, Shiba could have done a lot worse.

On 1/10/2020 at 1:14 PM, Nitenman said:

Well, there hasn't been a major Shadowlands outbreak in a while, Rokugan has become dismissive towards the Crab, thinking moving into their territories or wandering their lands without travelling paper is fair game.

How wrong they are and will be proven furthermore.

And maybe one could argue that after all this time, at least some of the Crab are becoming dismissive of the Shadowlands. "It can't corrupt us. We have taken so many precautions. I just need to know a little more... I just need the actual scroll... I just need fresher blood..."

I'm sorry for resurrecting thing thread but I just want to point out and show appreciation for her basically writing Rokugans Sherlock Holmes.

2 minutes ago, MirumotoOrashu said:

Rokugans Sherlock Holmes

Shouldn't that be a Kitsuki?

It should, but nothing says that "Magistrate Yuzo" is not a Kitsuki. Also, in all fairness, since when do Phoenix give credit to other clans? ;)