Death Trooper Armor Stats

By Jason_Sunday, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

I am running an Imperial game and one of the players wants to be a Death Trooper. Are there stats for the Death Trooper Armor for player use?

Not to my knowledge, but it would probably be about on par with Phase II ARC Trooper armor (2 Soak, 1 Defense, 4 Encumbrance, 2 HP, (R) 5,500/7. Additional qualities: Phase II ARC trooper armor includes an integrated comlink with scrambler capable of using all standard Republic communications protocols. The survival pack incorporates emergency rations, a water filtration system, microfiber line, and a distress beacon ).

Per the Dawn of Rebellion stat block on page 36...

Soak 2, Defense 1, upgrades Stealth checks once while worn, and remove 2 setback imposed due to darkness, smoke, and other environmental effects that obscure vision.

There's no listing of cost, encumbrance, or hard points for the above (since it's part of an NPC stat block), but I suspect that heavy battle armor would be a good starting point, then adding in the enhanced optics and reflec adaptive skin (Cyphers & Masks) attachments.

5 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Not to my knowledge, but it would probably be about on par with Phase II ARC Trooper armor (2 Soak, 1 Defense, 4 Encumbrance, 2 HP, (R) 5,500/7. Additional qualities: Phase II ARC trooper armor includes an integrated comlink with scrambler capable of using all standard Republic communications protocols. The survival pack incorporates emergency rations, a water filtration system, microfiber line, and a distress beacon ).

Thanks @P-47 Thunderbolt This is a great start.

2 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Soak 2, Defense 1, upgrades Stealth checks once while worn, and remove 2 setback imposed due to darkness, smoke, and other environmental effects that obscure vision.

There's no listing of cost, encumbrance, or hard points for the above (since it's part of an NPC stat block), but I suspect that heavy battle armor would be a good starting point, then adding in the enhanced optics and reflec adaptive skin (Cyphers & Masks) attachments.

@Donovan Morningfire Would there be a reason to use Heavy Battle Armor over the Phase II ARC Trooper armor as a base?

8 hours ago, Jason_Sunday said:

@Donovan Morningfire Would there be a reason to use Heavy Battle Armor over the Phase II ARC Trooper armor as a base?

Apart from requiring one less supplemental book, HBA with the attachments also more closely matches the armor as listed in the stat block. That and there's zero indication that Death Trooper armor has all the extra bells and whistles that the Phase II ARC trooper armor includes, largely as the role of ARC Troopers and Death Troopers are rather different.

What's Death Troopers's roles exactly ?

28 minutes ago, WolfRider said:

What's Death Troopers's roles exactly ?

According to Allies & Adversaries they are an elite special forces unit who primarily work under the auspices of Imperial Intelligence. It goes on to say they are primarily used as elite strike forces for critical (presumably covert) missions and sometimes provide VIP protection for key Imperial officials. It names Krennic and Thrawn. That would make their role similar to member's of the CIA's Special Operations Division.

Thanks. Then I suppose they use both HBA and Phase II ARC armour depending witch one is the more appropriate for their current mission.

19 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Actually, Page 35, but close. They also have Brawn 2, Agility 2, Intellect 3, Cunning 2, Willpower 2, and Presence 2. They're smarter than standard Stormtroopers.

Wait, aren't they 3s across the board except in Presence?

28 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Actually, Page 35, but close. They also have Brawn 2, Agility 2, Intellect 3, Cunning 2, Willpower 2, and Presence 2. They're smarter than standard Stormtroopers.

You're looking at Death Star Troopers on the same page. Death Troopers are 3s across the board except Presence.

Edit: holy cross-posting, Batman!

Edited by micheldebruyn
23 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Wait, aren't they 3s across the board except in Presence?

22 hours ago, micheldebruyn said:

You're looking at Death Star Troopers on the same page. Death Troopers are 3s across the board except Presence.

Edit: holy cross-posting, Batman!

Good catch. 😎 They're also Rivals, not Minions. Veeeerrryyyyy Eeenterestink.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
On 1/8/2020 at 8:06 PM, Donovan Morningfire said:

It would actually be laminate armor, seeing as death trooper armor is storm trooper based, and storm trooper armor is stated as laminate armor, but otherwise, yes

On 4/7/2020 at 11:38 PM, CptRexx said:

It would actually be laminate armor, seeing as death trooper armor is storm trooper based, and storm trooper armor is stated as laminate armor, but otherwise, yes

He was referring to the stats of the armor, not saying that the armor is technically Heavy Battle Armor. The main difference being the point of Defense that standard Laminate Armor doesn't give. There are laminate armors (ARC Trooper Armor, for example) that do give defense, so there can be overlap between the two.