FFG Interactive Disbanded... app future?

By JimCrim, in Legends of the Alliance

The news is hitting about large layoffs at FFG and the disbanding of FFG Interactive. What does this mean for app supported games like IA and Mansions of Madness 2ed going forward? All done?

3 minutes ago, JimCrim said:

The news is hitting about large layoffs at FFG and the disbanding of FFG Interactive. What does this mean for app supported games like IA and Mansions of Madness 2ed going forward? All done?

That sucks.

That almost 100% confirms that any future developments are out of the question. I wonder if I should turn off my Steam auto-update feature in order to preserve the app that I have for Legends of the Alliance.

That's a shame, though perhaps not a surprise. Best of luck to all affected.

Wouldn't it be great if they put out one more release of the app, that didn't even need to offer any new features, but just happened to contain all the tile assets for the game, including the ones missing from previous asset bundles? I mean... *cough*.

Both were developed before the FFG Interactive was announced - not the same people. The layoffs are more of a reason for concern.

But we already knew that FFG was more or less finished with LotA.

Edited by a1bert

Could this not work to our advantage? The article I read said they had staff, including programmers, to reallocate. Reallocate them to app development and give us some more LotA!

2 hours ago, Master Wang said:

Could this not work to our advantage? The article I read said they had staff, including programmers, to reallocate. Reallocate them to app development and give us some more LotA!

Well, they closed FFG Interactive. So if they're relocating programmers it's might be to specific products.

(I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but I think it should be said.)

Asmodee Digital (IA, Descent, JiME apps) are not the same as FFI (LotR LCG Video Game).

AFAIK they're also based in completely different places. Hard to relocate staff at that point.

Thanks @Majushi . I know in the past I had heard that Asmodee did the apps for IA and JIME, but I wasn’t sure if we were splitting hairs at that point.

Judging by the interval of campaign releases, 6-8 months, I'm guessing if they are releasing HotE campaign then it would be in May to August 2020... That is, if they don't release another raid.
Let's keep the hopes up, until an official announcement says that LotA is truly finished. I still have HotE and Tyrant expansion left to buy, and I don't think I'll be buying them until a co-op campaign is released.

Just got HotE in the mail today. Really excited to do the campaign but I would love an app campaign too...

Wasn't someone working on an app that allows people to make their own campaigns? That would be a lot of fun.

@Katsusa I don't think there are many left even if you wanted to buy them. People are clearing out the expansions with frenzy, or so it sounds like.

Unless there is hidden stock somewhere, there is no incentive for FFG to spend any resources in updating the app.

(Edit2: And Valkyrie hasn't gained any volunteers to develop IA support. Imperial Directive and RAIVe can be used to play the non-app content.)

Edited by a1bert

I think the app campaigns have gone over well. It created a surge in IA sales and a lot of interest.

Even without physical product to sell, more campaigns would sell just as well as Mansions of Madness missions.

It would be nice to see some response from FFG on this product line and the app.

3 hours ago, Daegren said:

It would be nice to see some response from FFG on this product line and the app.

FFG already responded, in the AMA video, Imperial Assault is complete

7 hours ago, neosmagus said:

FFG already responded, in the AMA video, Imperial Assault is complete

While I agree with your point, the AMA clarified there would be no more Physical product.

The Digital content was not mentioned (beyond a new Raid mode being announced), however I find it very unlikely we will get any further digital content.

The phrase “complete game” was used in the AMA. I had inferred that that would include app content, but I agree that it leaves some latitude.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 3:26 PM, Uninvited Guest said:

The phrase “complete game” was used in the AMA. I had inferred that that would include app content, but I agree that it leaves some latitude.

I agree