New Map

By BlackFoxHero, in Realms of Terrinoth

Yep. Here's a cool tip. If you open it up, and then save the pic, you now have a Terrinoth map without any labels! ;)

In Heirs of Blood, Eliza Farrow refers to "an inheritance" as she sets about killing her sister, Ketyana, to eliminate the last heir, presumably.. Is this inheritance the Barony of Otrin? Or is she referring to something else? And who was Garreth, who she also had killed (who had ruled the kingdom)? A relative? Thanks for any guidance.

Interesting, I'll have to read up more on that.

She states it's a "kingdom", so I don't think it's just another barony. It almost seems as if Kastellion is this kingdom. Granted, there isn't much to go on here. It also talks about the foothills of Yitharn, which doesn't really help in the location either.

Lets face it though, a lot of the Descent major players just aren't even mentioned in the Realms of Terrinoth book. Since those are the foes my players were most excited to encounter in an RPG, I went with them over the traditional Waiqar etc. (in my campaign, Waiqar is under the control of Lord Vorakesh, as he has his phylactery).

On 1/15/2020 at 8:51 AM, Schmiegel said:

In Heirs of Blood, Eliza Farrow refers to "an inheritance" as she sets about killing her sister, Ketyana, to eliminate the last heir, presumably.. Is this inheritance the Barony of Otrin? Or is she referring to something else? And who was Garreth, who she also had killed (who had ruled the kingdom)? A relative? Thanks for any guidance.

Think its loosely taken from runebound and the decent games. https://terrinoth.fandom.com/wiki/Lady_Eliza_Farrow

Actually, I think the "kingdom" is the hidden kingdom of Saradyn.... Duh (to me)

Edited by IamGazrok

It's never officially placed, due to it being Hidden, I guess. In my campaign, I put it as nestled in a hidden valley of the Shadow Peaks, due to the name of the mountain as Shadowfall. (oddly, the name I picked for Nornholt, as the PCs' base city).

My guess is that due to Baron Zachareth's presence, the actual location may be more in the vicinity of Carthridge.

A lot of the earlier Terrinoth games lore was created before Realms of Terrinoth was released and can differ substantially to what has now become official lore. For example Baron Zachareth is one of the most outspoken opponents of the undead yet in Heirs of Blood was allied closely with Eliza Farrow.

It's possible they haven't allowed for the Kingdom of Saradyn in RoT. It is certainly a strange concept having a tiny kingdom hidden in a realm that doesn't even have Kings of its own.

I'd just place it wherever suits your story more. Perhaps off Map, underground or hidden by some mystic barrier that keeps it invisible to the outside world.

7 hours ago, Suneisha said:

I'd just place it wherever suits your story more. Perhaps off Map, underground or hidden by some mystic barrier that keeps it invisible to the outside world.

Terrinoth's own Wakanda! :)

Haha yeah I didn't think of it that way.

Except instead of a noble warrior king they have a corrupt, power hungry vampiress at their head.

I just stumbled on this topic because I’ve been planning my first RoT campaign. And when I’ve played Descent, I haven’t concerned myself much with placement, the box stories being their own self contained adventures really. Now, suddenly, I want to know where Saradyn is actually located... and I scoured the world map, and couldn’t find it anywhere. 😭 I looked at the Heirs of Blood travel map and thought maybe, because of the presence of Skytower, perhaps it’s near Skydown? But I just have no idea. Any new thoughts on this matter, anybody?