Legion Army List Builder app????

By drail14me, in Star Wars: Legion

Anyone connected to the Legion Army List Builder iOS app?

I’ve been using it since getting into the game and really like it. However, I can’t find any recent discussion about it other than the announcement of its release back in 2018. Wondering what it’s status is and it’s future? Though it was odd that Google couldn’t find anything recent about it.

Bueller......

36 minutes ago, frbfli said:

I've been using https://legion-hq.herokuapp.com/ for my list building needs.

Thanks for sharing. I like Legion Army List Builder because it’s an app on my phone and does not require an internet connection once installed except for updates.

Battle Scribe is great for mobile. Its got 40k, Armada and so many other game databases too, plus you can see the rules and stats for all of your units and upgrades when you view your lists, very clutch.

On the computer I also use Legion HQ, but Tabletop Admiral and Fab's are solid as well.

2 hours ago, Crawfskeezen said:

Battle Scribe is great for mobile. Its got 40k, Armada and so many other game databases too, plus you can see the rules and stats for all of your units and upgrades when you view your lists, very clutch.

On the computer I also use Legion HQ, but Tabletop Admiral and Fab's are solid as well.

The only problem with BattleScribe is if you have an older device and you can’t download the latest version of the app, you also can’t download the latest version of content.

Edited by JediPartisan
7 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

The only problem with BattleScribe is if you have an older device and you can’t download the latest version of the app, you also can’t download the latest version of content.

Does Battlescribe work offline?

2 hours ago, drail14me said:

Does Battlescribe work offline?

Yep, and if you have a fairly new device, you shouldn’t have problems. If you have an older device, you’re out of luck.

I was using the list builder app but I’ve switched to BattleScribe because updates seem to have stopped and the points have been incorrect sometimes

I’ve really enjoyed Army Legion List Builder. It’s so simple to use and works great as an offline resource. Your reason for changing is why I’ve been asking. I’d really like to see it updated but it appears to be dying.

@vitasmortis , hey man, just curious if you're doing the Legion app on iOS?

12 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

@vitasmortis , hey man, just curious if you're doing the Legion app on iOS?

Legion Army List Builder is on iOS.

16 minutes ago, drail14me said:

Legion Army List Builder is on iOS.

Yeah I think the guy I tagged may be the person who developed it. He did the Armada version and they're both made by Prophet studios. I don't know how many people are involved but I figure there's a chance it's the same person.

6 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Yeah I think the guy I tagged may be the person who developed it. He did the Armada version and they're both made by Prophet studios. I don't know how many people are involved but I figure there's a chance it's the same person.

Ah! Yes, he's the developer. I'd sent a message a couple weeks ago but got no reply. I also haven't seen him post recently here or on other sites. Hope he's still involved and ok.

Vitasmortis just updated his Armada app. Hopefully the Legion app will follow shortly. Big thanks to Vitas for his work on these apps.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:54 PM, JediPartisan said:

How old of a device are we talking? I've been using an iPhone 5 and 6 with it with no problem since Legion released, and people act like I'm basically using a rotary phone when I tell them I'm using iPhones that "old."

9 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

How old of a device are we talking? I've been using an iPhone 5 and 6 with it with no problem since Legion released, and people act like I'm basically using a rotary phone when I tell them I'm using iPhones that "old."

Though I do remember those days (when using a cell phone was similar to calling in an air strike from a WWII field radio), a version 2 iPad mini still has most modern functionality. People throw out and upgrade too soon and that’s why we have such a bad time with global warming. Tbh, I can’t/won’t play a modern game on that device, but why would creating a text list require the latest and greatest device?

9 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

Battlescribe is not nearly as good as Legion List builder imo. It has no pictures, it's just walls of text and it isn't very clean. You have to really know legion to use battlescribe as it doesn't give you descriptions of any upgrades. You just have to know them...the only thing battlescribe has over list builder is that it's updated.

Which points are outdated in legion builder?

There is a checkbox in settings that says "Enforce tournament rules for lists" that you need to click to get it to change to the new point totals if you're still seeing the old ones.

14 hours ago, AlKusanagi said:

There is a checkbox in settings that says "Enforce tournament rules for lists" that you need to click to get it to change to the new point totals if you're still seeing the old ones.

16 hours ago, Dardura said:

Which points are outdated in legion builder?

Even with the "Enforce Tournament Rules" I know for certain the OOM battle droid is listed as 9 points which is incorrect, even though the app has the card art available on there and it clearly shows 12.

With every other app having the upgrades for the B2 Battle droids, and this List builder still doesn't is frustrating. (yes, the unit technically isn't released yet, but with all the information available, an update would be nice.) This also applies to the tanks, and any other recently released info for units.

List builder is by far my favorite app to build legion lists, but it's becoming obsolete.

Edited by Uchidan1

Hoping for an update soon!