Tervlon's Stash of Plastic and Paint

By Tervlon, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Thank you all for making 2019 an inspiring year for painting! It was the year I feel like I finally broke through and really became proficient, largely due to all of you. I have gotten lots of tips, tricks, and amazingly talented examples thanks to all of you.

May I present the results of my 2019 painting?
In all, 32 ships were painted! I couldn't believe it when I counted. Some are 3D prints, they are pointing right in the group shots. All the others are stock FFG ships. You can probably tell I still have things to learn, but I am loving this hobby!

Despite 32 ships painted it seems like I still have a ton on my desk waiting for paint in 2020. Thanks for your support and keep those brushes busy in 2020!

2019 Repaint Gallery

ZlUz0kO.jpg

ThsLiBj.jpg

PqEiBhS.jpg

4RfOl1q.jpg

Uqs2wUj.jpg

Great stable of ships! Here's to another year of painting!

5 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Great stable of ships! Here's to another year of painting!

Can't wait to see what we all put together. This group is an inspiring place to be!

3D printed on my Ender 3, adding plasticard paneling now. I present my Corellian Gunship. I plan to convert it to Rebels and Scum (maybe Resistance, too). Still a long way to go.

WMCjVAxoxNlF7LRLtne2UZ0GK1Nuhmc3VMHkfu9EIF3QxR4vmjFD3NARisOafh3mMoibIuQ9DPusJ9lUAVcKr3XoH658sWpnd_yVzuzPPz5Bgm3mYnxyBIlYlu8gh-Vy0yyyHHdPWtERchtoSTYKoxVOzB2t87o2VYs4_YJAerWUj-dfYJt54qAKMvx5PVJiq1GkMghtkxChKjGuA6xSUFKF8gUmRcwUhp4oTK-SNcBOld-GgiKKgquAGQNZCffWDcfERikufZbm4gAVZDHjGEDBWXXU6kIxm_5TNUiFVvPmJ_LDZgeHQ_hdvZwyG66hwakkBEe3IoGFRZ4M2TiTimhDBfBqdjdr0E42NMkzRx_QRIt1t8SqJ-VaAVNpjHJhWTpgvlLvuo2Z86BYOSeRE3R6CuvysYtIlYey0dGfXb4QN-pLUcpqaqLXGjVPWJyse8SASGBf3NDKAIy45saG-rlVLcP0iW_9ml4a588WTgI84KXMN9Kp3EqjStgYX9Iep9_Vcb0ISeEYgsZ65WLME4bWhHfMVJRNpFugybGntn0SlKBo5i-FBY3XXramtY8ZDK5Oqv0EPR4HB0bQY0rFhf8FSORcr-lQs_9DdVE-79bMVzAcHIXu0t7MYPkf1Bx7PiJwYdKt2lZFhrDNQDeQ9Lt4IF6YOzf5Ox0ikKaYuGGnJ22m6YFDZHBz=w1157-h868-no

Aww, broken link?

On 1/29/2020 at 4:35 PM, Tervlon said:

3D printed on my Ender 3, adding plasticard paneling now. I present my Corellian Gunship. I plan to convert it to Rebels and Scum (maybe Resistance, too). Still a long way to go.

WMCjVAxoxNlF7LRLtne2UZ0GK1Nuhmc3VMHkfu9EIF3QxR4vmjFD3NARisOafh3mMoibIuQ9DPusJ9lUAVcKr3XoH658sWpnd_yVzuzPPz5Bgm3mYnxyBIlYlu8gh-Vy0yyyHHdPWtERchtoSTYKoxVOzB2t87o2VYs4_YJAerWUj-dfYJt54qAKMvx5PVJiq1GkMghtkxChKjGuA6xSUFKF8gUmRcwUhp4oTK-SNcBOld-GgiKKgquAGQNZCffWDcfERikufZbm4gAVZDHjGEDBWXXU6kIxm_5TNUiFVvPmJ_LDZgeHQ_hdvZwyG66hwakkBEe3IoGFRZ4M2TiTimhDBfBqdjdr0E42NMkzRx_QRIt1t8SqJ-VaAVNpjHJhWTpgvlLvuo2Z86BYOSeRE3R6CuvysYtIlYey0dGfXb4QN-pLUcpqaqLXGjVPWJyse8SASGBf3NDKAIy45saG-rlVLcP0iW_9ml4a588WTgI84KXMN9Kp3EqjStgYX9Iep9_Vcb0ISeEYgsZ65WLME4bWhHfMVJRNpFugybGntn0SlKBo5i-FBY3XXramtY8ZDK5Oqv0EPR4HB0bQY0rFhf8FSORcr-lQs_9DdVE-79bMVzAcHIXu0t7MYPkf1Bx7PiJwYdKt2lZFhrDNQDeQ9Lt4IF6YOzf5Ox0ikKaYuGGnJ22m6YFDZHBz=w1157-h868-no

Hmmm. I see it, but let me try again... @RuusMarev

K8ycbgU.jpg

Edited by Tervlon
2 minutes ago, Tervlon said:

Hmmm. I see it, but let me try again... @RuusMarev

K8ycbgU.jpg

Image result for excited gif" Image result for take my money gif"

Did you make the model? (render)

39 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Did you make the model? (render)

I didn't, I downloaded a model from Thingiverse and scaled it so it looked ok next to a CR90.

4 minutes ago, Tervlon said:

I didn't, I downloaded a model from Thingiverse and scaled it so it looked ok next to a CR90.

Ok, I think I found the same one..by opelman77?

I've been meaning to fire my ender3 up again.. (I have an issue with the adjustment dials loosening during printing.. got frustrated and decided to take a break )

Nice work. Love the 'blown up' rebel transport.

52 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Ok, I think I found the same one..by opelman77?

I've been meaning to fire my ender3 up again.. (I have an issue with the adjustment dials loosening during printing.. got frustrated and decided to take a break )

Yup, that's the one. I printed it at 115% I believe. The tubes needed to be printed at 111% because they were too big to fit in the assembled sections.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3624871

I'm just coming off of a similar experience. I was having extruder motor problems and constant failed prints, but finally fixed it (more like jury rigged it). It's been fun to get back into it.

41 minutes ago, LTuser said:

Nice work. Love the 'blown up' rebel transport.

Thanks! That's a classic Space Rocks debris model. RIP Space Rocks, I still want your frigate.

Very nice looking ships.

And that hammer head (I think that is what it is called) is awesome. I will have to dust off my printer too and get started.

Again great looking ships thanks for sharing.

On 2/5/2020 at 2:48 PM, Warhawk1977 said:

Very nice looking ships.

And that hammer head (I think that is what it is called) is awesome. I will have to dust off my printer too and get started.

Again great looking ships thanks for sharing.

Thanks! My printer has really added to the hobby, it has been great. Definitely pull yours out and start using it! The hammerhead is a pretty easy print.

s7i2jmc.jpg

Progress on the Gunship. Panels have been hand-cut from plasticard and glued on. The ship was primed last night.

I started some base coat coloring on the Gunship! M8WetLx.jpg

fRFaNuR.jpg

b8urQhb.jpg

fwoJVYi.png

Gunship progress is happening! Adding weathering and detail. Will add some magnetized guns soon.

It's finished! I finally attached the guns, all magnetic. The Gunship was printed on my Ender 3 and then I applied plasticard as the armor panels.

z1HKHV6.jpg

GmsSImU.jpg

1nBYqvG.jpg

Good job!!1

I like it.

The Hammer head is a 3D printed one or is scratch build??

9 minutes ago, Decan Mabu said:

Good job!!1

I like it.

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Decan Mabu said:

The Hammer head is a 3D printed one or is scratch build??

Hammerhead is a 3D print, too. It is a pretty easy print.

2 hours ago, Tervlon said:

Thank you!

Hammerhead is a 3D print, too. It is a pretty easy print.

That’s great too I made one with high detail scratch builded here below is the link

anyway I had designed a 3D print with high detail and separated parts to print it on resine... I’ll keep you posted once I start printing it on 3D

22 minutes ago, Decan Mabu said:

That’s great too I made one with high detail scratch builded here below is the link

anyway I had designed a 3D print with high detail and separated parts to print it on resine... I’ll keep you posted once I start printing it on 3D

Wow! That turned out great! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Scale comparison of all the epics

TR6Av8N.jpg

The next project is shaping up...

mVwqdYj.jpg

What size MAP would you need, to put that on!