Tervlon's Stash of Plastic and Paint

By Tervlon, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

8 hours ago, LTuser said:

What size MAP would you need, to put that on!

Hopefully 3x6... but I haven't gotten quite that far yet. πŸ™‚ The 3D printer was way ahead of me...

I'm sure I can figure something out! πŸ™‚

11 hours ago, Tervlon said:

Scale comparison of all the epics

TR6Av8N.jpg

The next project is shaping up...

mVwqdYj.jpg

That’s great, I see yo use some kind of 3D matrix for the model kit and then you finish making the details with plasticard sheets and so on..., this is very original and a very good idea, I was thinking on doing something like this in the past, but I didn’t try it, is nice to see this has very good results, I have to make a try with this technic, I see you use filament 3D printing due to the size of the models for the matrix, I think we can go further if we make some special details (turrets, cockpits...) on resin 3D print, provably we can get better results.
now I had started to make designs of several ships (small, medium and big sized ones) and details for 3D printed (in STL documents) one colleague prints them out in resin, having a very good results, I also has started to make othe details, such as turbo lasers, cockpits propulsion units... they are big enough to be printed in resin, getting very good results at the end, keep me informed if you need or were thinking in something like this.

very nice job!!

Let

12 hours ago, Tervlon said:

Scale comparison of all the epics

TR6Av8N.jpg

The next project is shaping up...

mVwqdYj.jpg

Super huge !

Can you share your STL ?

29 minutes ago, dinobaldi said:

Super huge !

Can you share your STL ?

No problem. It's not my file, I used this one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4020722

I hope you're not trying to overcompensate for something. LOL

3 minutes ago, Ghosthacked said:

I hope you're not trying to overcompensate for something. LOL

I am overcompensating for boredom... So there's that.

#knowdatfeel

Some progress has been made! The Arquitens Quarantine is still being outfitted but should be ready for deployment soon. The bottom is mostly unpainted, it's so daunting I am having a hard time convincing myself I should bother...

fMJK4Ye.jpg

Edited by Tervlon

I can understand that daunting feeling for a big project.

My opinion is that it is certainly worth it. On a custom job, someone will always want to pick it up and look from all angles, so it will be good to have it complete. Plus, even if no one else sees it, you'll always know. 😜

On the other hand, it's obviously tabletop ready, and it looks great as-is, so take your time and enjoy finishing it properly, rather than feeling rushed. 😜

12 minutes ago, Hatemonger said:

I can understand that daunting feeling for a big project.

My opinion is that it is certainly worth it. On a custom job, someone will always want to pick it up and look from all angles, so it will be good to have it complete. Plus, even if no one else sees it, you'll always know. 😜

On the other hand, it's obviously tabletop ready, and it looks great as-is, so take your time and enjoy finishing it properly, rather than feeling rushed. 😜

You're not wrong! I will work on the bottom, but I need to devise a base first. I really want to play an extra epic game of epic x-wing!

6 hours ago, Tervlon said:

Some progress has been made! The Arquitens Quarantine is still being outfitted but should be ready for deployment soon. The bottom is mostly unpainted, it's so daunting I am having a hard time convincing myself I should bother...

fMJK4Ye.jpg

That is properly epic πŸ‘

Those are pretty dope.

How many plastic bases does THAT need to keep upright??

TIE Avengers from Shapeways.

IMG_20201029_225042190_HDR.jpg IMG_20201029_225048871_HDR.jpg

124033685_10159178720569415_741762886038

Emon Azzameen. I primed this guy back at the beginning of lockdown and the poor boy has watched me paint a bunch of ther ships... so it is finally his turn!

More EU throwbacks! Black Sun/Partisan style HWK and Toscan Fighter. Yellow/White Preybird.

IMG_20200901_134311985.jpg

The Preybird looks great! Well done

On 11/20/2020 at 2:22 PM, Realmtrekker said:

The Preybird looks great! Well done

Thank you! I've loved the ship for awhile and finally got a nice one from Shapeways. Really pleased with how the yellow, black, and white turned out.