Possible method for a more defined Win

By MattyMerlin, in Fallout

Hey all,

My friends and I have been playing the game slightly different in order to have a clearer winner.. At the start of the game have a piece of paper with the names of each player written down. As the game progresses, when a quest is completed by a player and there is just a picture of a thumbs up (as in draw an agenda card) the player gets a mark next to their name and this is an influence point. When a quest is completed and the card physically says "Draw" 1 or more agenda card then the player physically draws the required number of agenda cards (if the card doesnt say "Draw" but just shows a picture for agenda then an influence point is gained instead). We based the scoring of it on the rules for agenda cards as in, if theres 4 players the total is 8 influence points to win etc, but instead of having the 8 cards you have to reach 8 or more influence points on the score sheet.. This way the agenda deck doesnt run out and when the game completes naturally then it's easier to see a clear winner (any ties can be resolved through combat) . Any agenda cards each player has must be put into play during the players turn at any point before the campaign resolves. Hope this makes sense, feel free to expand on it and try it. I also believe that, if you wanted to extend the game for exploration then you could set higher influence points to win the game so that even when the campaign resolves you can continue to explore and do side quests and base the winner on those with the highest influence(this is yet to be tested though lol).

I use a scoring method similar to this one I found online.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3915573/hitotsumami

It makes the game a lot more fun since there are multiple ways to score points and the point of the game is for one faction to win.