Epic Wishlist

By AegisAngel, in X-Wing Epic Play

I'm starting this thread to see what epic only upgrades people would love to see added to the format.

-I know people have been asking for the Hammer Head for a long time and I'll add the Tartan Patrol Cruiser to be the Imperial counterpart.

-What do you think about them bringing back Cruise Missiles as a hard point specific ordanace? 4 dice and starts with 2 charges and can reach out to range 4 or 5 but you have to expend 2 charges to fire.

-Cargo have Extra Ordanace with 2 or 3 charges. Action: Spend one charge to reload all Torpedo, Bomb, and Missile upgrades on one ship at range 1. Give you a reason to bring ships back and get them back into the fight sooner instead of disengaging for 2 or 3 turns to reload and be able to re-supply ships without the reload action.

Any other thoughts?

Edited by AegisAngel

Hammerhead. So much.

Yeah, aside from the hammerhead I can't think of a ship I really want in X-wing. But there are some serious holes that need to be filled.

Titles. We need titles for all factions. First Order is super sad that Snoke can't command the largest ship in the game. Kylo Ren's like, "Sorry Supreme Leader, but you can hop in that Upsilon shuttle over there while I command this massive ship bristling with weapons." The FO Raider needs a title that adds a crew slot just like the Empire has.

Speaking of crew, more epic crew for different factions will be nice. Chief among them being Captain Canady from The Last Jedi, but there are so many cool ones: Admiral Yularen for Republic, Rif Tamson and that spider dude (was it Admiral Trench?) for Separatists, Vice Admiral Holdo (I know she's already in the game, but her ability doesn't seem to synergize well with the GR-75) or the guy who blows up and says, "It's been an honor serving with you - Godspeed Rebels!". Heck, even the Rebels want Admiral Ackbar, and there are many Imperial officers to choose from.

6 hours ago, Parakitor said:

Admiral Colonel Yularen for Republic Empire

Fixed 😉

Now that’s out of the way now, I would like to see more Wing Leader cards. As an Imperial and FO player I was pretty pleased but the other factions only have Veteran Wing Leader. I’d also like to see different formations too, boxes and echelons maybe.

I’d like to see Allegiant General Pryde as crew too.

Linked missions. I loved the Gozanti 3 mission campaign in first edition. Played it 3 times 😀

A full blown campaign would be nice. They’ve made two great ones for Armada. It’s X-Wings turn.

CR-70 for Republic/Rebel/Resistance. Hammerhead would be more than acceptable though.

Ackbar. Le Duh.

But my weird one, is more guns. Always more guns. I don't care what it is, just give me more guns. The more I can awkwardly scream "imma firin mah lazar!", The better.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:06 AM, AegisAngel said:

Any other thoughts?

Everything that's been said, plus:

Consular Corvette (Republic)

Nubian J-type Cruiser (Republic)

That new RotS Sith ship as a huge

An original CiS huge (Hardcell??)

Jabba's ship

Corellian Gunship

Admiral Sato

and waaaayyy more titles.

-What do you think about them bringing back Cruise Missiles as a hard point specific ordanace? 4 dice and starts with 2 charges and can reach out to range 4 or 5 but you have to expend 2 charges to fire.

While I used these a bunch, I always thought they were a dumb mechanic: "fly super fast to throw your missiles harder." Now that ordnance has been improved, Fast-Pitch Missiles can stay dead, IMHO.

53 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

While I used these a bunch, I always thought they were a dumb mechanic: "fly super fast to throw your missiles harder." Now that ordnance has been improved, Fast-Pitch Missiles can stay dead, IMHO.

Fast pitch can stay dead, but it sounds like the suggestion is for actual long range ordnance.

Something like a remote that gets 2 speed 2 maneuvers each round, and detonates out to range 1?

The most important thing right now seems to be a card pack. Titles, most of all.

Also, maybe, additional "pilot cards" for Huge Ships with different upgrade slots. Like the variants in Armada.

Edited by Stefan

I have a feeling we're getting hardcells.

... Just a feeling I got...

Yeah...

...I've got a bad feeling about this...

That's all it is 😶