Force sensitive blaster

By hbmoeller, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Hey everyone,

I remember reading about some force sensitive blaster that permitted the force user to have some guidance on the bolt after it was fired. May have been a species-specific weapon but i cannot find where I read about it. Any of you guru's know where to find the reference?

Lucky blaster. It is in one of the career books.

Would a blaster be a droid species? I thought droids couldn’t have the force RAW?

2 hours ago, Rean411 said:

Would a blaster be a droid species? I thought droids couldn’t have the force RAW?

no, a lucky blaster is a gun that benefits force users

14 hours ago, Daeglan said:

not only force users, everyone. text doesn't say being a force user is a requirement, only that you aim it

The only "Force Sensitive" blaster in the books is from Keeping the Peace . It's the Site-145 Replica Blaster Pistol. However, it doesn't allow you to guide the blaster bolt. What the weapon does do is require the Force to fire the weapon. It has a Force activated trigger mechanism called the Force Attuned Resonator . This resonator is also available as an attachment for any Ranged Light or Ranged Heavy weapon.

6 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

The only "Force Sensitive" blaster in the books is from Keeping the Peace . It's the Site-145 Replica Blaster Pistol. However, it doesn't allow you to guide the blaster bolt. What the weapon does do is require the Force to fire the weapon. It has a Force activated trigger mechanism called the Force Attuned Resonator . This resonator is also available as an attachment for any Ranged Light or Ranged Heavy weapon.

wrong

there are several "force sensitive" ranged weapons in unlimited power, with special bonii that apply if you're force sensitive in most cases or always in the case of the lucky blaster

On 3/3/2020 at 8:39 PM, Daeglan said:

Accidentally started a serious conversation by being a troll. Whoops? Glad to see the responses though. Didn’t know there were actually force related blasters.

On 3/5/2020 at 1:19 AM, MB -Fr- said:

wrong

there are several "force sensitive" ranged weapons in unlimited power, with special bonii that apply if you're force sensitive in most cases or always in the case of the lucky blaster

I just looked through that book and no, there aren't "Several" Force sensitive ranged weapons in there. Mechanically, none of them are, not even the "Lucky" Blaster. The Lucky Blaster only grants two Boost dice when aiming . It does not allow you to use the Force (such as through Force Dice) to use the weapon, nor does it grant any boost to your ability to use the Force. The Lucky Blaster's "attunement to the Force" is narrative only . It is not mechanical. The only ranged weapon which explicitly relies on the use of the Force to fire is the Site-145 Replica blaster, or any other ranged weapon with the Force Attuned Resonator attachment, both from Keeping the Peace . That being said, Unlimited Power does include a Melee weapon that are attuned to the Force tied to the actual game mechanics, this being the Ashla Staff , which allows the user to take three Strain to add an additional Light Side pip to Force power checks.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I just looked through that book and no, there aren't "Several" Force sensitive ranged weapons in there. Mechanically, none of them are, not even the "Lucky" Blaster. The Lucky Blaster only grants two Boost dice when aiming . It does not allow you to use the Force (such as through Force Dice) to use the weapon, nor does it grant any boost to your ability to use the Force. The Lucky Blaster's "attunement to the Force" is narrative only . It is not mechanical. The only ranged weapon which explicitly relies on the use of the Force to fire is the Site-145 Replica blaster, or any other ranged weapon with the Force Attuned Resonator attachment, both from Keeping the Peace . That being said, Unlimited Power does include a Melee weapon that are attuned to the Force tied to the actual game mechanics, this being the Ashla Staff , which allows the user to take three Strain to add an additional Light Side pip to Force power checks.

same book

heartwood blaster: "When wielding a heartwood blaster, a character may suffer
strain up to their Force rating as a maneuver. If they do, they
add an equal number of automatic tJ to the next combat
check they make that turn."

arquebus: "As a maneuver, a charac ter wielding an arquebus may suffer
up to 5 strain. The PC's next combat check with the arquebus
gains Pierce with a rating equal to the strain suffered."

the fluff on the lucky blaster & arquebus specifically mentions the force to explain their mechanical effects

the force attuned resonator only zllows you to fire the weapon if you're force sensitive, which, if you look at op's question, is not at all what he's asking

also, lay it off on the text formatting, it's like in real conversations, shouting doesn't make you more credible

2 hours ago, MB -Fr- said:

same book

the fluff on the lucky blaster & arquebus specifically mentions the force to explain their mechanical effects

the force attuned resonator only zllows you to fire the weapon if you're force sensitive, which, if you look at op's question, is not at all what he's asking

also, lay it off on the text formatting, it's like in real conversations, shouting doesn't make you more credible

Good post, but there's a mod to the force attuned resonator that makes it relevant to the op's question it grants a talent I think it might be called prescient shot it adds a boost die unless target is immune to force powers... if I recall correctly (all of this was from memory)

Edited by EliasWindrider
Stupid auto mis-correct
18 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Good post, but there's a mod to the force attuned resonator that makes it relevant to the op's question it grants a talent I think it might be called prescient shot it adds a boost die unless target is immune to force powers... if I recall correctly (all of this was from memory)

true I had forgotten this was a mod option

On 3/5/2020 at 12:23 AM, Tramp Graphics said:

I'm not sure why anybody would even want that on his guns, apart from edge cases like a cyberphobic gunslinger Jedi who's missing some fingers from a lightsaber fight.

3 hours ago, micheldebruyn said:

I'm not sure why anybody would even want that on his guns, apart from edge cases like a cyberphobic gunslinger Jedi who's missing some fingers from a lightsaber fight.

a weapon that cant be turned on its owner easily

21 hours ago, MB -Fr- said:

same book

The arquebus isn't using the Force. All it does is allow you to gain Pierce equal to Strain taken. The Force grants no benefit to the weapon. It's all about preparation, patience, and precision. The "fluff" regarding the Arquebus and the Lucky Blaster, is, as I already pointed out, just that-- Narrative fluff .

Not only that, but the text of Arquebus in particular specifically says that the benefits the Arquebus grants are easily explained by the three "P"s I mentioned above: Preparation, Patience, and Precision , as stated here:

Accurate at extreme distances, the weapon is well suited to patient aiming . A Vurk soldier's most devastating shots are the ones arranged with the most precision. Skeptics have long since explained this away in mundane ways. Longer prep time leads to steadier hands. Calculations of wind resistance are more accurate with more observation.

While it says Vurk sages believe there is a "deeper meaning" to it, that doesn't mean that there actually is. Neither the Arquebus nor Lucky Blaster grant anything special to a Force user specifically as a result of that individual having a Force Rating. There is no Force rating benefit, no Force rating requirement, nothing. Anyone can gain the full benefits of either of those weapons, regardless of their Force sensitivity.

However, you are correct about the Heartwood blaster. Regardless, that is still only one ranged weapon in that book that specifically grants an actual Force assist to its use, not " several ".

18 hours ago, micheldebruyn said:

14 hours ago, Daeglan said:

@Daeglan nailed it. A weapon with a Force Attuned Resonator can only be fired by a Force user, and thus, it is much harder for the weapon to be turned against its owner. A similar (non-Force based) benefit is granted by a gene-lock (aka the Clone Firing Key from Rise of the Separatists , pages 61-62), which allows only an individual with the proper genetic sequence to use the weapon.

8 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

The arquebus isn't using the Force. All it does is allow you to gain Pierce equal to Strain taken. The Force grants no benefit to the weapon. It's all about preparation, patience, and precision. The "fluff" regarding the Arquebus and the Lucky Blaster, is, as I already pointed out, just that-- Narrative fluff .

Not only that, but the text of Arquebus in particular specifically says that the benefits the Arquebus grants are easily explained by the three "P"s I mentioned above: Preparation, Patience, and Precision , as stated here:

While it says Vurk sages believe there is a "deeper meaning" to it, that doesn't mean that there actually is. Neither the Arquebus nor Lucky Blaster grant anything special to a Force user specifically as a result of that individual having a Force Rating. There is no Force rating benefit, no Force rating requirement, nothing. Anyone can gain the full benefits of either of those weapons, regardless of their Force sensitivity.

However, you are correct about the Heartwood blaster. Regardless, that is still only one ranged weapon in that book that specifically grants an actual Force assist to its use, not " several ".

@Daeglan nailed it. A weapon with a Force Attuned Resonator can only be fired by a Force user, and thus, it is much harder for the weapon to be turned against its owner. A similar (non-Force based) benefit is granted by a gene-lock (aka the Clone Firing Key from Rise of the Separatists , pages 61-62), which allows only an individual with the proper genetic sequence to use the weapon.

I love how you conveniently ignore the last sentence of the arquebus description: "The best sharpshooters never care about the odds. They trust in the will of the Force, and the Force guides their hands"

Pray read op's question, where exactly did he specify that he looked for a purely mechanical benefit & not one that is implied to be force related by the fluff?

On 12/27/2019 at 1:10 AM, hbmoeller said:

Hey everyone,

I remember reading about some force sensitive blaster that permitted the force user to have some guidance on the bolt after it was fired. May have been a species-specific weapon but i cannot find where I read about it. Any of you guru's know where to find the reference?

Edited by MB -Fr-
Just now, MB -Fr- said:

I love how you conveniently ignore the last sentence of the arquebus description: "The best sharpshooters
never care about the odds. They trust in the will of the Force, and the Force guides their hands"

Pray read op's question, where exactly did he specify that he looked for a purely mechanical benefit & not one that is implied to be force related by the fluff?

I didn't ignore the last sentence of the Arquebus. While I didn't quote it, I did address it. It falls within the same points about the Vurk Sages. It is nothing more than belief. It is not an actual Force assist granted specifically to Force users . It is a benefit anyone can take advantage of through very mundane reasons: Patient aiming, proper prep time to steady your hands, more accurate windage calculations, etc.

As for the OP, the blaster he's looking for does not exist . That is what I'm saying.

10 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I didn't ignore the last sentence of the Arquebus. While I didn't quote it, I did address it. It falls within the same points about the Vurk Sages. It is nothing more than belief. It is not an actual Force assist granted specifically to Force users . It is a benefit anyone can take advantage of through very mundane reasons: Patient aiming, proper prep time to steady your hands, more accurate windage calculations, etc.

As for the OP, the blaster he's looking for does not exist . That is what I'm saying.

Amazing how you ignore so much if it doesnt perfectly fit your view.

The peirce etc is from the force making you more accurate sonyou hit a weak spot.

Just now, Daeglan said:

Amazing how you ignore so much if it doesnt perfectly fit your view.

The peirce etc is from the force making you more accurate sonyou hit a weak spot.

No. That is only what the Vurk Sages and sharpshooters believe . That does not mean it't the actual case . The text itself says that this benefit is easily explained as a result of mundane effects. These include precise arrangement of the shot, proper preparation , to steady your hands , patient aiming , and more accurate windage calculations though longer observation.

That's not ignoring the last part of the text. I addressed it fully.

15 hours ago, Daeglan said:

This is not really a thing that happens to PCs.

19 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

You would be an excellent ISB agent of the empire with your "it's not the force, there's a mundane explanation" attitude

you realize this goes both ways? it's easily explained by the influence of the force rather than precise arrangement, steady hands, patient aiming and windage calculations (which is highly more believable in this setting imo than a black powder weapon capable of piercing armor better than heavy repeating blasters)

skeptics believe it's mundane, force users believe it's force related. you're a skeptic, we accept the book's suggestion it's the force

1 minute ago, MB -Fr- said:

You would be an excellent ISB agent of the empire with your "it's not the force, there's a mundane explanation" attitude

you realize this goes both ways? it's easily explained by the influence of the force rather than precise arrangement, steady hands, patient aiming and windage calculations (which is highly more believable in this setting imo than a black powder weapon capable of piercing armor better than heavy repeating blasters)

skeptics believe it's mundane, force users believe it's force related. you're a skeptic, we accept the book's suggestion it's the force

The book makes no distinction either way . All it does is provide both beliefs. Mechanically , however, the benefit is purely mundane . The same is true with the Lucky blaster. The mechanical benefit it grants is a mundane one, not one that explicitly relies on a character being Force sensitive. The Heartwood blaster and Site 145 Replica blaster specifically rely upon the user having a Force Rating. Neither the Lucky Blaster, nor Arquebus do so.

am I missing something or is the heartwood blaster just a bad gun? I cant see a use for it even IF you have a high force ratting or am missing something cool?

6 hours ago, micheldebruyn said:

This is not really a thing that happens to PCs.

Then your gm is not very creative. Seeimg as how disarming rules do exist and npcs can do them. So there is no reason it couldnt happen. And if i were a gm and anplayer got on i totally would validate that choice by having a nemesis shoot them with there own weapon.

8 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

No. That is only what the Vurk Sages and sharpshooters believe . That does not mean it't the actual case . The text itself says that this benefit is easily explained as a result of mundane effects. These include precise arrangement of the shot, proper preparation , to steady your hands , patient aiming , and more accurate windage calculations though longer observation.

That's not ignoring the last part of the text. I addressed it fully.

Or not. Your interpretation is not the decider this is not up to you. .

Edited by Daeglan