Rebel Bases

By Nate, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

All,

In working on adventures for the blog that I co-write with a buddy, Tierfon Campaign, I've started to wonder. What are the main active Rebel bases after the Battle of Yavin? Also, in what sources are they detailed? I know, of course, about the ones in Strongholds of Resistance , but I'm looking for more options.

-Nate

While there is no mention of specific bases, in the old saga campaign guide in the rebellion era sourcebook there is a list of sectors with the most active organized rebellion. Googling the sector can give you some planet names and then you can fill in the rest. Page 92 I believe.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:32 PM, Nate said:

All,

In working on adventures for the blog that I co-write with a buddy, Tierfon Campaign, I've started to wonder. What are the main active Rebel bases after the Battle of Yavin? Also, in what sources are they detailed? I know, of course, about the ones in Strongholds of Resistance , but I'm looking for more options.

-Nate

Most of em are gonna be made up.

So like the Nishr Bases, Glitterfall... and such.

If you want more bases a good sourcebook is Hideouts and Strongholds from the old WEG days. It outlines a set of bases of different types and ownership including several Rebels Bases. Of more value though is all the base building concepts and fluff at the beginning while I'm kinda of the opinion that base building is a little beyond the scope of your average RPG (FFG did it pretty right by keeping it largely narrative) the concepts presented on what makes a base, what they do and how they work could give you the raw materials to confidently flesh out your own bases.

On 12/23/2019 at 9:32 PM, Nate said:

What are the main active Rebel bases after the Battle of Yavin? Also, in what sources are they detailed?

If you're looking at Canon sources, then what we know from the Marvel Comics is that after the Death Star they evacuated Yavin and went to space and stayed fleet bound, very similar to what they did after the loss of Hoth. During that time, they incited rebellions and uprisings on what worlds they could while they searched for a viable planet to set up a new long term base on.

The way the Rebellion operates, especially in the early days of Episode IV into Episode V, was that they generally were a series of allied, but unconnected resistance cells (like Saw Gerrera), and so whatever dive or hideout that the mercenary/revolutionary/militia cell had as their base got whatever resources the Rebellion could provide for them sent to it. Things like Tierfon or Dantooine base were rarities, and so a loss of any of them was a huge blow.