Need stat advice

By Wolfshead, in X-Wing Epic Play

So. We finally have 2.0 huge ships. Now I need to work from what we have to figure out the stats for one of THESE .

VvtFxNO.jpg

Any ideas?

Nice ship!

I'd try:

Attack: 3 forward arc, Agility: 0, Hull: 15, Shields: 4 (one regen), Energy: 5 (one regen)

Should have Missile and Torpedo slots.

Better than a GR-75, but not as good as a CR90.

Ability wise it wouldn’t do anything based around ramming as that’s powerful enough as it is! Perhaps:

Reinforced Blast Doors (one charge)

Before you engage you may spend one charge to remove up to 3 facedown damage cards.

I mean, the thing is deployed as a ram, and ramming carries its own share of risks in terms of exposing you to close range shots and shots in your non-reinforced sector, so I think giving it a ram-oriented ability still makes sense. Perhaps: "When you overlap an enemy huge ship, suffer one fewer critical damage."

Oh, better idea! At Scarif a Hammerhead shoves around a Star Destroyer. What do you think of this: "Any ship you overlap is tractored in addition to all other effects." We can't represent the Hammerhead physically moving another huge, but this is reasonably close, and it keeps the ability relevant against lesser foes.

Ship ability: Taking the Reinforce Action also negates damage from ramming and overlapping obstacles, or something like that? But then, how get the Reinforce before the ram...?

Another idea might be that you ram to Range 0. That way, you can't be murdered straight away.

Edited by Stefan
9 hours ago, Wolfshead said:

So. We finally have 2.0 huge ships. Now I need to work from what we have to figure out the stats for one of THESE .

VvtFxNO.jpg

Any ideas?

What's the cost point on these?

6 hours ago, Stefan said:

What's the cost point on these?

Do you mean what did it cost me in $$$? I have access to 3D printers through my local Makerspace so it was more of a time issue. I didn't really track how much filament I used, but it was less than a roll, possibly less than half. I get mine for about $17.00 a roll. I probably spent about a week printing the individual pieces and then glued it together.

(note, this one isn't mine, it's just a pic I was able to link. I printed mine in white and still need to paint it.)

Nice!