[TOOLS] IA Builder

By Trevize84, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

IABuilder v1.0.9 is now live!

Enjoy Vassal deck file loading/saving feature! Please report any bug with a comment to this thread.
In app notification for the update should be now available and you can click the DOWNLOAD button.

If you are a new user or you have an old version, you can manually install/update the APK in Android using the following link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vq7h0-rLu1Z7jcZTVRADhkZNUtTyGB9p/view

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SCREENSHOTS:

iabuilder-1.jpg iabuilder-8.jpg iabuilder-9.jpg iabuilder-13.jpg iabuilder-11.jpg iabuilder-6.jpg iabuilder-12.jpg

Edited by Trevize84

RESERVED

Edited by Trevize84

Hello @thereisnotry , I found a way to read/write Vassal deck files. I have a question for you. I see module v12.3.1 has IACP Season 3 cards. It seems to me we can't play official content with such version. If we want to play vanilla game I believe we need to download an old version of the module. Do you know what's the version?

Edited by Trevize84
On 2/11/2020 at 3:32 PM, Trevize84 said:

Hello @thereisnotry , I found a way to read/write Vassal deck files. I have a question for you. I see module v12.3.1 has IACP Season 3 cards. It seems to me we can't play official content with such version. If we want to play vanilla game I believe we need to download an old version of the module. Do you know what's the version?

You can use the current vassal version for standard IA as well. When you go to select a card, either right-click and choose "alt art" or just highlight in and press Alt-A. That will switch it to the regular version.

Note that lists saved before a certain version of the vassal module won't work with the new versions. That's not an IACP thing, it's just some kind of update that he did.

22 hours ago, ManateeX said:

You can use the current vassal version for standard IA as well. When you go to select a card, either right-click and choose "alt art" or just highlight in and press Alt-A. That will switch it to the regular version.

Note that lists saved before a certain version of the vassal module won't work with the new versions. That's not an IACP thing, it's just some kind of update that he did.

Ok this will make my life easier. I just need to check a couple of things but I should be good with integration. For backward compatibility I'll limit the integration to latest version only. It would be great if @thereisnotry could publicly warn users when compatibility gets broken so that I can go and adjust. I based my integration on the IDs. If they change IA Builder is screwed.

Edited by Trevize84
On 2/15/2020 at 8:45 AM, Trevize84 said:

Ok this will make my life easier. I just need to check a couple of things but I should be good with integration. For backward compatibility I'll limit the integration to latest version only. It would be great if @thereisnotry could publicly warn users when compatibility gets broken so that I can go and adjust. I based my integration on the IDs. If they change IA Builder is screwed.

I'm not sure how I'll know if compatibility gets broken, because I can't use your app, since I only have iOS devices. Therefore, I think it'll need to be something that you check each time I update the mod. Most of the time I really don't think there will be an issue, though I guess it could depend on how the IDs function.

3 hours ago, thereisnotry said:

I'm not sure how I'll know if compatibility gets broken, because I can't use your app, since I only have iOS devices. Therefore, I think it'll need to be something that you check each time I update the mod. Most of the time I really don't think there will be an issue, though I guess it could depend on how the IDs function.

Sure, it's not an issue. However you won't need the app to understand if the change is potentially a breaking change. There are few rules that will guarantee backward compatibility:

- if you modify a card, make sure the vassal ID didn't change

- if you remove a card make sure that id won't get reused in future

- if you add a new card make sure it doesn't have an ID that was already used in the past

If you can't guarantee these 3 rules, I may need to know. I can also figure it out myself, but perhaps it will happen only after someone reported a bug. I don't know how simple is for you providing this guarantee and how much pain is to keep me informed. Consider that the data model will be shared among IA Builder, Kensei and TTAdmiral (and anyone that wants to employ it, I will release it open source). So if it gets broken will be broken for all of us.

IABuilder v1.0.9 is now live!

Enjoy Vassal deck file loading/saving feature! Please report any bug with a comment to this thread.
In app notification for the update should be now available and you can click the DOWNLOAD button.

If you are a new user or you have an old version, you can manually install/update the APK in Android using the following link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vq7h0-rLu1Z7jcZTVRADhkZNUtTyGB9p/view

Edited by Trevize84