Nine film, 4K Box Set, 27 Discs

$249.99 msrp estimated

(Release date seems early.)

4 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

$249.99 msrp estimated

Ow...

7 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Ow...

I can’t see that price staying that way.

1 minute ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

I can’t see that price staying that way.

For the set with the book? It'll go up in cost over time (limited release window collectable). If they release a full saga set later without anything extra on top it'll be about 75% of that on release and the drop to about 50% (adjust dollar value for inflation later). Not my first time around the block.

Unironically the only Star Wars box set worth owning.

image1.jpg.bc2f948f5776d02efccb4de143232e9d.jpg

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

For the set with the book? It'll go up in cost over time (limited release window collectable). If they release a full saga set later without anything extra on top it'll be about 75% of that on release and the drop to about 50% (adjust dollar value for inflation later). Not my first time around the block.

I can see it 20% off at release and about 30 to 40% by Black Friday that same year.

Yeowsa. DAT BE pricy!

Nah. Already got 6 anyway, which is where the Skywalker Saga ends for me.

Now, if they released an original, theatrical cut box set of 4-6, I might be tempted.

26 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Now, if they released an original, theatrical cut box set of 4-6, I might be tempted.

There would be quite a number of people right there with you.

2 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

There would be quite a number of people right there with you.

Probably. But as far as the rumour mill goes, I don't think the theatrical cuts actually even exist anymore?

I mean, some of the cut scenes are interesting enough to see (Han's conversation with non-CGI Jabba), some are totally unnecessary (ROTJ musical number / ghost Hayden) but part of me still wants to see the original, original trilogy again.

Twenty-seven discs? 9 films with one disc of extras each is 18 discs. What are they putting on the other nine? Are these films all too long for one disc in 4K?

3 hours ago, Frimmel said:

Twenty-seven discs? 9 films with one disc of extras each is 18 discs. What are they putting on the other nine? Are these films all too long for one disc in 4K?

Whole lotta' extra features, and 4K is just that much more data.

Since they have the 4k versions on d+ it's hard to justify paying for this set.

and yet I will do so. lol

On 12/18/2019 at 8:29 PM, McFoy said:

Unironically the only Star Wars box set worth owning.

image1.jpg.bc2f948f5776d02efccb4de143232e9d.jpg

Ironically not actually the real, original movies.

Edited by Darth Meanie
2 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

I was thinking the same thing myself. I have the DVD versions that were released over a decade ago that have the special edition on disc 1 and the original theatrical cut on disc 2 and I'm very glad I got them when I did. I have to say I rarely watch the special editions and usually watch the original version instead in spite of it looking a bit unpolished in places.

On 12/21/2019 at 5:19 PM, Darth Meanie said:

Why wouldn't you want GL's true vision. This is what Star Wars would have been if he had the means.

9 hours ago, McFoy said:

Why wouldn't you want GL's true vision. This is what Star Wars would have been if he had the means.

I'm not sure they are Lucas's true vision, so much as his ability to muck around with them and make them "new product" again and generate hype for his prequels.

While some of the changes are interesting, overall I don't think they improve the final product (do I really need to see more Wampa?} and in one very strong case ( HAN SHOT FIRST!! } actually ruin the original.

Also, I think that, as an art form, cinema should represent the times in which it was created. B&W should not be colorized, E.T. should not have been totally revamped to be Kid Safe No Mean CIA Agents With Guns In the Age of School Shootings, and Director Cuts are generally just longer, same-but-different new product (stuff on the editing floor generally ended up there for a reason}.

Two of the rare instances where the redone extended version is actually worth it are Lord of the Rings and Dances With Wolves , because a lot of that material was cut for time, not for quality.

16 hours ago, McFoy said:

How do we know this is what he had envisioned for a sequel trilogy?

1 hour ago, LTuser said:

How do we know this is what he had envisioned for a sequel trilogy?

I was referring to the OT special edition box set. We now know nobody envisioned much of anything for the ST

On 12/18/2019 at 7:25 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

6krw7yjzih541.jpg

Releasing March 30, 2020

Nine film, 4K Box Set, 27 Discs

$249.99 msrp estimated

(Release date seems early.)

March 30, 2020?

That's when I got mine.

ybne4vogj5w41.jpg

Official Poster for The Skywalker Saga