Ord Mantell

By Mandalore of the Rings, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Just finished a fun Skirmish on the IG-88 map... Ord Mantell Junkyard, I think. The one where you pick a deployment card as your designated "Bounty Hunter" and who ever that deployment kills gets DOUBLE the points. Great fun. Map didn't seem super balanced but fun idea for a mission (maybe on another more balanced map.

Anyone else done that one? I had my Rancor as the BH, but my opponent had his eWooks and the eWooks were a great choice... lots of health for staying power and twice the options for mopping up figures that were almost dead, PLUS you get +2 for each BH at the end of the round so the eWooks got +4.

Anyhoo... Even though Skirmish is dead I had some great fun playing skirmish today... And probably will next week again.

Anyone else do that mission?

I used to love the ord mantell missions. My person favorite was actually the one where the laser is slowly making the playing field shrink. That map was basically made for melee units.

P.S. Skirmish isn't dead yet

Edited by NukeADuke
9 hours ago, NukeADuke said:

P.S. Skirmish isn't dead yet

And neither is campaign. Gonna get a big and small, or two small expansion boxes, and have 'em waiting for me when I get back to the US in a few days! Come on FFG! Surprise us! Give us something new (I know, I know, they said they won't... just whinging).