home power balancing

By Stormbourne, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Channel Base Power:

dedicate 2: once per round as a out of turn incidental when a force user within engaged range doesn't willingly use force points add those to you next check eg. darkside user rolls BBBBWWW and only uses that black on your next check you add WWW to the results

Upgrades

Strength x2:

dedicate 1 may use this an addition time per round

Range x1

can target force users at short range

Control

when a force user does not willingly use a force point you may inflict 1 strain per unused force point instead of adding it to your next force check (you can go half and half)

Mastery

suffer 3 strain Channeled force points do not cause conflict

Clarification:

only targets a single person at a time additional uses may target different people

suppress does not trigger this power

Sounds like this would be pretty powerful. Maybe overpowered depending on xp cost.

Edited by Rean411

Forgot to hit notify

30 minutes ago, Rean411 said:

Forgot to hit notify

There's a follow button up at the top of the page, just above and to the right of the first post.

32 minutes ago, Rean411 said:

Sounds like this would be pretty powerful. Maybe overpowered depending on xp cost.

I do think this is very overpowered, and I can't think of any narrative justification for it or examples of where this exists in either Legends or Canon.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

There's a follow button up at the top of the page, just above and to the right of the first post.

I do think this is very overpowered, and I can't think of any narrative justification for it or examples of where this exists in either Legends or Canon.

Thanks for letting me know about that button. The only example I can think that is similar to this in legends is special use of tsutanamis (correct spelling?) corran horn could absorb energy and channel it into great feats of strength such as actually being able to use the move power. However I believe that that move would be better explained by the protect unleash power or that power hybridized into some form of bonus force pips or something. It would be very hard to balance for regular use.

9 minutes ago, Rean411 said:

Thanks for letting me know about that button. The only example I can think that is similar to this in legends is special use of tsutanamis (correct spelling?) corran horn could absorb energy and channel it into great feats of strength such as actually being able to use the move power. However I believe that that move would be better explained by the protect unleash power or that power hybridized into some form of bonus force pips or something. It would be very hard to balance for regular use.

"Tutaminis"

I believe that's the power Yoda used to first Protect, absorbing Dooku's lighting, then Unleash, firing it back at him. It would be interesting to figure out a way to make it so that it plays off of the other rather than just being two separate checks with no interplay, but that would probably just be in the guaranteed damage realm rather than adding force pips.

why not just use the ebb and flow power? why do we need a new power?

The control option is going to make characters with high Force ratings unviable. This could simply destroy characters like Obi-Wan, Darth Vader or even Palpatine.

What is this power even supposed to represent?

Edited by micheldebruyn

Stormbourne famously makes little else besides broken homebrews.

Why is this getting necro'd and discussed?

2 minutes ago, emsquared said:

I had not encountered him and wanted to be helpful. Yes I realized it was about 6 months old but did not think that qualified as a dead thread. My apologies I am fairly new to forums.

1 hour ago, emsquared said:

I hadn't even noticed it was a necro.