SW: Resistance adds a Scum ship design

By dsul413, in X-Wing

https://www.starwars.com/databank/guavian-death-gang-ships

This ship saw a lot of use on this week's episode of Resistance. It's not likely to beat out Mandalorian-inspired designs for entry into X-Wing, but I don't mind it one bit!

Definitely has potential.

How big is that? Something about it reminds me more of a corvette than anything else.

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

How big is that? Something about it reminds me more of a corvette than anything else.

It definitely has that look, but its fighter sized - looks to be a little longer than the other aces (so, the Fireball) but not operating at the large/huge scales. Single pilot that we saw anyway.

@CaptainJaguarShark got this from the main SW site's concept art section for the episode:

kaz-s-curse-concept-art-02_3f8ed57d.jpeg

Size relative to a T-70 is on the bottom right. Looks large base.

Edited by Hiemfire

Scale on the bottom right looks significant compared to my recollection on the show. I'm clearly wrong based on that. Cool though!

Large might be pushing it, Looks like a huge ship if its 4-5 small base lengths long.

When a Shadowcaster and a Sith Infiltrator have a baby and it gets REAL big.

1 hour ago, Scum4Life said:

Large might be pushing it, Looks like a huge ship if its 4-5 small base lengths long.

With all due respect, isn't it funny that the accurate size argument is coming from the guy with the Bossk avatar?

According to that scale it's roughly 60m, maybe a little longer? Significantly bigger than the VCX and right about the same length as a gozanti (at least according to wookiepedia)

1 hour ago, Whalers on the moon said:

With all due respect, isn't it funny that the accurate size argument is coming from the guy with the Bossk avatar?

Absolutley, i thought the YV might get remodelled for 2.0 not just repainted.

Edited by Scum4Life
Spelling
1 hour ago, Maui. said:

According to that scale it's roughly 60m, maybe a little longer? Significantly bigger than the VCX and right about the same length as a gozanti (at least according to wookiepedia)

Gi9H4BJ.png

idpBn4K.png

EIOI5Rf.png

hcpDll3.png

Really seems like they aren't quite that big in the episode, but their very slim profile is a bit deceiving. Still, if this came to the game, I still think they'd put it on a large base. I feel similarly about if they ever out the Kom'rk-class/Gauntlet fighter/transport in the game. While they are big, there's something about them that doesn't "feel" huge, and like the VCX and Decimator, they could make them work on a large base.

2 hours ago, Maui. said:

Well, scum could use another Huge, and this would be fun. . .

kaz-s-curse-concept-art-03_f4f77c9a.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1440%2C1080

ZsHGJCO.png

GDG pilot in the cockpit of one of these fighters. I think it also adds to "not quite a huge ship" side of the argument, though we do see very little of the cockpit. I don't think most ships we have as huge would be flown from a small cockpit but yeah.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark
2 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

ZsHGJCO.png

GDG pilot in the cockpit of one of these fighters. I think it also adds to "not quite a huge ship" side of the argument, though we do see very little of the cockpit. I don't think most ships we have as huge would be flown from a small cockpit but yeah.

Also shows why the pilots don't mind having a very constricted view out of the cockpit. Can't see $#&@ outta those helmets anyway.

That assumes there's something under the helmet to actually see. We don't know much about these guys, at least not that I know of, since they've only ever appeared in these outfits.

Homeworld throwback, anyone?

19 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

That assumes there's something under the helmet to actually see. We don't know much about these guys, at least not that I know of, since they've only ever appeared in these outfits.

You've got a point there. Some little we know:

The Guavian Death Gang's red-armored foot soldiers were recruited after swearing loyalty to the gang in exchange for a cybernetic augmentation. They were equipped with a mechanical reservoir that acted as a second heart, injecting a secret combination of chemicals into the soldiers' bloodstream, giving them a boost of speed and aggression. They communicated via high frequency data streams transmitted from the central disk in their faceplates.

If they can communicate with others through their masks, maybe they can communicate with their ships as well.

23 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

You've got a point there. Some little we know:

The Guavian Death Gang's red-armored foot soldiers were recruited after swearing loyalty to the gang in exchange for a cybernetic augmentation. They were equipped with a mechanical reservoir that acted as a second heart, injecting a secret combination of chemicals into the soldiers' bloodstream, giving them a boost of speed and aggression. They communicated via high frequency data streams transmitted from the central disk in their faceplates.

If they can communicate with others through their masks, maybe they can communicate with their ships as well.

Guavian Mindlink, anyone?

On 12/11/2019 at 10:23 AM, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Gi9H4BJ.png

idpBn4K.png

EIOI5Rf.png

hcpDll3.png

Really seems like they aren't quite that big in the episode, but their very slim profile is a bit deceiving. Still, if this came to the game, I still think they'd put it on a large base. I feel similarly about if they ever out the Kom'rk-class/Gauntlet fighter/transport in the game. While they are big, there's something about them that doesn't "feel" huge, and like the VCX and Decimator, they could make them work on a large base.

the slimness is how you know its huge. even the flat Fang fighter gets wider at the cockpit to make room for a pilot. also when its in the background in the first and 4th shots you posted it looks bigger than the others, so perspective tells us its dramatically larger than the fighters.

put another way, proportionally if it was 10 meters long a human couldnt sit up in it.

55 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

the slimness is how you know its huge. even the flat Fang fighter gets wider at the cockpit to make room for a pilot. also when its in the background in the first and 4th shots you posted it looks bigger than the others, so perspective tells us its dramatically larger than the fighters.

put another way, proportionally if it was 10 meters long a human couldnt sit up in it.

They're actually on their back relative to the long axis, due to gravity control.

Yeah thats it.

14 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

Well, the concept art scale definitely shows it as being taller than a T-70, but not by much. I can see the pilot being sat up, but I'm not convinced you could stand up in it at the size shown.

On 12/12/2019 at 4:07 PM, feltipern1 said:

Guavian Mindlink, anyone?

I can see that..

Networked minds (ship special ability) :

Ship card comes with 1 charge. When you reveal your maneuver, you may spend 1 charge to change it to the same speed an direction as a previously revealed maneuver by another ship with Networked minds, instead.

I haven't seen the Resistance episode. But in preparation for Episode IX TRoS I rewatched TFA. The Guavian ship docking with Han Solo's freighter Eravana, has the same shape and appearance (very briefly seen on a monitor, until now it was unclear what we were seeing there). There were at least 6 persons on board: Bala-Tik plus 5 enforcers and their gear (maybe more as it might be wise to leave a pilot on board, and that might be the person Bala-Tik orders to contact the FO about BB8). You cannot have that many in a small based fighter, so definitely medium base upwards.