Imperial Assault crates in The Mandalorian (Potential SPOILERS)

By VadersMarchKazoo, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

One of my players pointed out the crates in Episode 5 of the Mandalorian are straight out of Imperial Assault. I have the 3d printed versions too which are even the right shade of gray. I tried to screenshot them for this thread but Disney outsmarted my slice. Anyways, if you're interested, check out the scene where he returns to bay 35 at the end of episode 5 and watch closely as he walks down the stairs. He should have taken an action to see what was inside!

True, they are. Also the same ones as in a new hope...

those crates have been in star wars since the beginning. believe it or not.... the designers of imperial assault used that as a reference to make their crates for the game

Wait, what? This thing is based on a movie?

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

True, they are. Also the same ones as in a new hope...

LOL. I guess I should have figured as much. I’ve never noticed them so clearly. I’ll probably start seeing them everywhere now. Still I prefer to believe that the set designers were just big fans of IA! 😁

( @VadersMarchKazoo , seeing the "confused" reaction I realized that what I said could be seen as making fun of you. It wasn't meant that way and I apologize if it came across like that.)

Crates were also present in the Shadows of the Empire video game for Nintendo 64 console back in the mid-90s

Edited by IanSolo_FFG
3 hours ago, Uninvited Guest said:

( @VadersMarchKazoo , seeing the "confused" reaction I realized that what I said could be seen as making fun of you. It wasn't meant that way and I apologize if it came across like that.)

Ha. Thanks for that, I appreciate the folks on this forum are generally pretty good spirited. I meant I was confused that this game was based on something. Sorry for the use of an imogi as a confusing pseudo-self-depricating poor attempt at humor for a response.

On 12/11/2019 at 1:54 AM, Uninvited Guest said:

Wait, what? This thing is based on a movie?

Of course not. It's not a movie. It's a historical depiction of events that happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

They're pretty commonly in Rebels, too.

Image result for star wars rebels crates

Love continuity like that.