Corespace Combat - Alternative Objective System for Armada

By Trevy, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Hey all! Haven't signed up for a forum account until now so I'm not super sure this is the right sub lol.

Recently my local group and I have gotten pretty burned out on the kill-focused vanilla scoring system & MOV event ranking, so I designed a supplement to offer an alternative objective system that's more positioning-based. Here's the rough draft:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PxTdB7W5NcD1OJz7hOvp_ksdn2Kx8RSj/view?usp=sharing

The basics are that this system replaces normal point-scoring with Victory Points that can only be scored by completing objectives. We wanted to keep the objective-selection system of the core game so each player gets one Strategy, which are sort of like unscoreable objectives (i.e. Minefields or Planetary Ion Cannon). The second player's strategies are typically more powerful to mitigate the first player bonus.

We've found this system to be super fun and a much different experience than vanilla Armada. This is just the rough draft; I'd love to hear what people think and hopefully build a community to playtest and improve the supplement.

Thanks for reading!