Deployement question

By Rodes, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Hello,

Sorry for my english 😕

But i have question about deployement, and i think i can have better answer here ^^.

The rules say that when you deploye a groupe, he is activated during the same turn. When you do an optionnal deployement during statut phase, you do it before the next turn (according to rules),

he can be activated directly before the next turn ?

I play SW since a moment, but i never asked myself the question until a scenario allowing to have a optionnel deployement at the end of th turn, but in the rules the application of the 'end turn effect" it do after optionnel deployement... And in the rules a optionnel deployement allows as much deployement as we want. where is the interest ?

It's in seeking an answer to this question, that i asked myself the other question about the deployement in general.

Thank and sorry for my english :) !

Rodes

Edited by Rodes

All units are deployed ready. Ready units activate during the activation stage unless otherwise specified in the mission rules.

Every status phase you gain threat and perform an optional deployment. Sometimes mission rules will grant extra threat during a status phase, but mission rules within the status phase come after the regular optional deployment (unless otherwise specified). When the mission rules grant an additional optional deployment during the status phase it is allowing you to use the extra threat that was granted.

Edited by Uninvited Guest

All ready groups are activated during the activation phase until there are no ready groups left. You only have activations during the activation phase.

All cards enter the game ready unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Thus, if groups are deployed during the activation phase from mission events (or from abilities that deploy groups), the groups get to activate during that activation phase.

When groups are deployed during the status phase, the activation phase is already over, so the new groups get to activate in the next activation phase (during the next round).

The steps of the status phase are really important: some mission rules trigger during the End of Round step, for example Imperial Informants give threat - but the Deploy and Reinforce step has already passed, so the gained threat was not available yet to be used then.

1. Increase Threat
  2. Ready
  3. Deploy/Reinforce
  4. End of Round
  5. Increase Round Dial

Ok i understand now, but where in rules it's noted that you can't activate during status phase ? Because did not find (just for information)

Because it's write that the round can be finish when all group are activated, and if a deployment is done during status phase, the round is not finish. then if is not write that you can't, perhaps we can... :D (I had never play like it, but just for sights ^^).

But thank for my initial question (in particular for optional deployment and the interest) !

46 minutes ago, Rodes said:

where in rules it's noted that you can't activate during status phase ? Because did not find (just for information)

Nowhere. There are also no rules that allow you to activate groups during the status phase.

Whereas you can find that you activate groups during the activation phase.

The round doesn't end when all groups have been activated. The activation phase ends when all groups have activated (or more precisely, when there are no ready groups). Are you reading the English rules or translations?

If you use expansions, also check out http://www.iki.fi/a1bert/TheConsolidatedImperialAssaultRules.pdf .

ACTIVATION PHASE
The first phase of each round is the Activation Phase. During this phase, players alternate activating groups of
figures until all groups are exhausted.

STATUS PHASE
After each Activation Phase, players perform the steps of the Status Phase.

Edited by a1bert