The end of Star Wars?

By Leia Hourglass, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

According to this article https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-sentimental-reason-it-was-so-hard-to-write-the-rise-1840216994/amp

“I think the reason you and J.J. can’t write this scene is because you don’t want Star Wars to end.’ And I looked at J.J. and we knew he was right and then we had to go and write it.”

What on Earth can this mean? I don’t know how Star Wars could possibly end? How do you think the story can reach the Omega Point where their is nothing left to be a story in the timeline post 35 ABY?

Some theories I have include

1.) The Force will “break” and no new Force-sensitives will ever be born again.

2.) The people of the galaxy will ascend the mortal plane and vanish into the Force.

3.) The First Order will fall and their will be absolutely no government and it will be a lawless galaxy.

4.) Everyone will migrate from this galaxy in search of a new one.

5.) The galaxy will be completely destroyed

What about you. How can Star Wars “end”?

Pretty sure it's only "The Skywalker Saga" ... if it TRULY is over, I would guess it means C3PO and R2 are destroyed.. since they are the ones that recorded the stories.. (they are the only constant in the saga, their records were most likely added to 'the Chronicles of the Whills' that Lucas intended in his first drafts.

@RuusMarev is correct here. This is the end of the Skywalker saga . There will be more Star Wars movies, but they won't be part of the numbered saga films. new films will deal with other time frames, and other characters and events unrelated to the Skywalker lineage .

Disney isn't going to shoot it's biggest cash cow in the head, and miss out on the biggest revenue stream in the last 40 years :D

Well according to the article, I think that Star Wars will be no more as we know it past 35 ABY. Stories can still be told that take place anywhere before that time. I don’t think their will be any Jedi or Sith post-35 ABY.

10 minutes ago, Leia Hourglass said:

Well according to the article, I think that Star Wars will be no more as we know it past 35 ABY. Stories can still be told that take place anywhere before that time. I don’t think their will be any Jedi or Sith post-35 ABY.

No. the new movies coming forward just won't deal with the Skywalker family. There will still be stories told taking place pre and post 35 ABY that include Jedi. The Jedi are an integral part of Star Wars .

Ignore the story, what sells the most toys? Looking at toy shelves - lightsabers, lightsaber adjacent jedi stuff. Disney will follow the money.

Plus Mandalorian S2, Clone Wars S7 and Obi-Wan the Series come out long after Episode 9. With Disney+, the distinction between tv and movies is basically gone.

I understand but Mandalorian Season 2, Clone Wars Season 7 and the Obi Wan Kenobi series all take place before 35 ABY. I think the quote from the article I provided says a lot. Something gamechanging is going to happen with Episode 9.

4 minutes ago, Leia Hourglass said:

I understand but Mandalorian Season 2, Clone Wars Season 7 and the Obi Wan Kenobi series all take place before 35 ABY. I think the quote from the article I provided says a lot. Something gamechanging is going to happen with Episode 9.

Yeah, the final end of Palpatine (we hope).

We don't know what time frame new movies will be set in. Some will likely be Old Republic, given some of the reports. However, Some may take place after the events of Episode 9, but deal with a whole new group of characters. We simply don't know. It's too early to speculate.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

I fully expect to see the tag line "Rey will return in...." at the end credits..