By PodRacer, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

11 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Who'd you RB N1?

10 hours ago, Madaghmire said:

##unvote

##vote Bertie Wooster

I think Forty blocked a kill.

9 hours ago, Caldias said:

I'm willing to go after Bertie but would love to hear his explanation first.

I didn't block anyone N1.

My role is "blocking around, the Christmas tree have a blocky holiday. You get one roleblock on Christmas and a second on New Year's." In hindsight this was a stupid role and I won't do it again.

Anyhoo I guess in hindsight I could have blocked someone immediately after I got my first block on Christmas but TBH I was doing family things and forgot to check in.

My vote was on Ovi being scum, hence my vote for him. Then it came out he wasn't.....then I reread and thought maybe Bertie looked sketchy so I blocked him and I think I was right, based on what y'all are saying.

Assuming I survive today/tonight, I've got one more block left..

Now I'm not sure. Possible there's another roleblocker? Why was my busdrive ineffective?

VC

Bertie (3) anon, mad , ebon (L1)

Jabba (1) Bertie

Day will end at 2230gmt

7 alive, 4 to lynch

6 hours remaining

1 hour ago, FortyInRed said:

I didn't block anyone N1.

My role is "blocking around, the Christmas tree have a blocky holiday. You get one roleblock on Christmas and a second on New Year's." In hindsight this was a stupid role and I won't do it again.

Anyhoo I guess in hindsight I could have blocked someone immediately after I got my first block on Christmas but TBH I was doing family things and forgot to check in.

My vote was on Ovi being scum, hence my vote for him. Then it came out he wasn't.....then I reread and thought maybe Bertie looked sketchy so I blocked him and I think I was right, based on what y'all are saying.

Assuming I survive today/tonight, I've got one more block left..

why the claim?

1 hour ago, Caldias said:

Now I'm not sure. Possible there's another roleblocker? Why was my busdrive ineffective?

5 hours ago, EbonHawk said:

I wouldn't say any role is alignment indicative in this game

scum roleblockers make sense with lots of town power, so I'm sticking with my vote

4 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

scum roleblockers make sense with lots of town power, so I'm sticking with my vote

But you are voting for Bertie. How are the two thought connected?

@FortyInRed do you mean you got the role you submitted?

2 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I think chances of a scum roleblcoker high if we kill bertie and he's scum it looks better for Forty as why would scum block their own kill?

I'll be taking bertie first, then looking at the others after

15 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

why the claim?

What does does this mean?

10 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

@FortyInRed do you mean you got the role you submitted?

Yes. Didn't we all?

8 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

I think chances of a scum roleblcoker high if we kill bertie and he's scum it looks better for Forty as why would scum block their own kill?

I'll be taking bertie first, then looking at the others after

So you are assuming Forty is telling the truth about his role even if he is scum? What makes you sure he is a roleblocker at all?

And, if you do believe Forty, why not vote for Cal, who is thus caught out in a lie?

If there is another roleblocker, then he ought to be speaking up, in order to add to the debate with his own target. His silence implies either that he is scum or non-existent, the former meaning that Forty is town and Bertie is innocent (since the lack of another target to muddy thr waters means scum is fine with Bertie dying), and the latter meaning that Cal is lying.

1 minute ago, FortyInRed said:

Yes. Didn't we all?

No.

38 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

And, if you do believe Forty, why not vote for Cal, who is thus caught out in a lie?

If there is another roleblocker, then he ought to be speaking up, in order to add to the debate with his own target. His silence implies either that he is scum or non-existent, the former meaning that Forty is town and Bertie is innocent (since the lack of another target to muddy thr waters means scum is fine with Bertie dying), and the latter meaning that Cal is lying.

Wait so you think I'm reading Bertie wrong?

Should I change my vote to Cal?

16 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Wait so you think I'm reading Bertie wrong?

I am not sure about Bertie, but he is reading town to me. I do find his vote on Jabba mystifying though, since it seems like lashing out.

16 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Should I change my vote to Cal?

Probably? If you are in agreement with @EbonHawk 's logic that either you are scum or there is no scum roleblocker, then you must vote for Cal. If he is what he says he is, you are scum. Ebon seems to think that lynching Bertie will determine whether you are scum or not, because if he is scum you would have been unlikely to block him if you were also scum, and thus you would have been town. That is a dangerous plan, for it takes it for granted that you are a roleblocker, only the alignment being unknown.

I postulate, rather, that if you are scum, you needn't be a roleblocker at all, and if you are town, Bertie needn't be scum, since there are other potential ways for the kill to have been skipped. Thus, should Bertie flip town, it in no way condemns you, as Ebon seems to suppose, and if he flips scum it by no means clears you, since you could have been scum and planned this very thing to solidly install you as Town.

If we believe that there is only one roleblocker, that it is aligned with town, and that it is Forty, then Cal is clearly lying, and thus should be automatically lynched (unless there is another reason for his actions not occurring, but then second guessing is a slippery slope). If we believe that there is only one roleblocker, and that it is NOT Forty, then he should be lynched immediately. If we believe that there are multiple roleblockers, and/or that at least one roleblocker is scum, we can clear/condemn neither Bertie nor Cal, since we cannot be sure which roleblocker was claiming to have done the deed, the scum one or the town one.

If there is another roleblocker, he is aligned with town, and he didn't block Bertie last night, then it is in town's best interests for him to claim, both to counter-claim Forty and to add another target to the pool of consideration. The fact that, with 3 hours left in the day, this has not been done implies that there is no such town roleblocker out there. Ebon himself says it is more likely that scum would have a roleblocker than town. So we can confirm that there is only one roleblocker out there (Forty) who might be aligned with town, and his story contradicts another player's story. So there are two targets for lynching, the roleblocker's target, and the player the roleblocker's claim contradicted.

Now, (and let us assume for a moment that Forty is telling the truth and is town) Forty must have read Cal's claim that he was a busdriver, and the subsequent conclusion that his claimed action did not complete due to the presumed existence of a roleblocker. He, being a roleblocker, must have known that Cal was not blocked by him. Thus, the conclusion is that either Cal was lying or there was a second roleblocker. If there is a second roleblocker, we know it is scum (see above). If scum blocked Cal, then Cal is town. We can therefore confirm that either Cal is scum or there is a scum roleblocker. Lynching Cal tells us which, but if turns out to be the latter, then we have killed off a useful town role to reveal very little. Lynching Bertie, as explained above, also tells us little should he turn out to be town. Lynching Forty reveals little if he is town.

Both Bertie and Forty, if scum, elevate the other in town's estimation, for the one attacked the other. Doubtless, if Forty is scum town will assume that Bertie is clean, and vice versa. I would caution town that that may be a trap, as I said above. Cal, if scum, lends a bit of credit to Forty, since Forty contracted his claim, but the possibility of a trap is still there, though reduced, I think.

As a result of the above (potentially rambling) thought process, of the 3 people mentioned above as lynch targets Cal would be, perhaps, the best to lynch, save that his role is so potentially useful to town.

@Bertie Wooster - what role do you have? I think it is claim time anyway, but that also determines whether you are a major risk to lynch.

I am, at the moment, rather leaning to vote for Ebon due to his dangerous logic than any of the three targets mentioned above, but I doubt I could get a train going. Most likely, I will vote for Bertie and face the consequences.

Ok here goes nothing. Act shady, get a vote.

##vote @Caldias

I hope this at least tells us something.

I just noticed that there is only one anon vote. We have seen before that there are two, and that they can both target the same person. So, if one anon vote is on Bertie, why not the other, to finish him? Are they from two different sources? Is one Bertie?

I've been forthcoming with all the information I've had, so not sure how you think I've been acting shady. It makes sense to vote me from a strategic, logical standpoint as laid out in GNIP's argument, but I'm curious how I've been shady, exactly.

I think Cal is telling the truth, simply because GNIPs was a much better N2 target than me. He’s been one of the most active scumhunters present, and I’ve been low-hanging fruit by comparison.

I think the roleblocking drama should be left to boil for a bit until more becomes clear. Whoever’s responsible for the deception is going to have difficulty maintaining it in this environment.

For consistently pushing me without providing compelling evidence (like hammering Ovi because we were desperate then distorting the context now), and for time reasons, I’ll ##vote @Bertie Wooster .

@PodRacer I think that is hammer.

The mob turns on @Bertie Wooster deciding it must be he who was trying to ruin Christmas.

@Bertie Wooster had been lynched, he was a mafia aligned virgin who shot roleblocking lasers from his *****.

As a result of his death, a day phase will be skipped.

Submit your night three actions and prepare to submit your night four actions upon my request.

Final VC day 3

Bertie (4) anon, mad , ebon, jabba-hammer

Jabba (1) Bertie

Caldias(1) Forty

7 alive, 4 to lynch

Edited by PodRacer

Night three ends with no casualties, night four begins now, submit your actions. Game will resume when these have been received

With five alive, three to lynch.

@FortyInRed would'd you block?