2019 Christmas Upick (mafia)

By PodRacer, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

So do we know why no one died? I assume a roleblocker got something right?

I think I was the target. I got up to take a leak, someone jammed the door, I forced it open and they ran off.

Whoever saved my skin, thanks.

2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I think I was the target. I got up to take a leak, someone jammed the door, I forced it open and they ran off.

That would imply, given that Cal claims to have swapped you and me, that I was the target, right?

I wonder why Cal wasn't targeted? If I was scum I'd be more concerned about a bus driver than anything else.

11 hours ago, FortyInRed said:

Admittedly I'm not very good at this game but could you explain your logic to me please? I vote Ovi and I'm the bad guy; they do the same and they're not?

Process of elimination and timing.

sorry guys had wisdom tooth ache and been dealing with the dentists, will catch up shortly

On 12/28/2019 at 5:44 PM, Caldias said:

Hey guys, I'm going to have to be driving for the next little bit and don't know how active I can be. For the sake of getting information out there, I think I'm just going to go ahead and claim. I'm sorry if you guys think this is a poor idea but I think it explains a lot it might help others that can be active solve the puzzle. Last night I busdrove Matt and Mads. So if Ovi is saying he targeted Matt then he actually should have blown up mads if that was the case. unless there's something I missed or another role interaction that might have monkeyed with what I did.

I don't know if you typically get notified when you get Roleblocked but it's possible I was maybe Roleblocked then? If you don't normally get notified about that then I suppose it doesn't 100% clear Mads if I was indeed Roleblocked. Anyway, hope that's helpful. I should get home around 4:30 Eastern time and can pick up the rest from there.

good stuff

On 12/28/2019 at 6:08 PM, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

You are definitely either lying or were role-blocked. All people who have claimed to have done something last night claimed that their target was Matt, and this is borne out by the results. Nobody is confused as to why Matt got, say, a lump of coal when they wanted to send it to Mad, or vice versa. Your claim affects at least four people: Jabba, who claimed to have seen the Santa figure leave Matt, Ovi, who claimed to give Matt the coal, the killer, and the person who left the invite. Of those 4, two have claimed to have intended to visit Matt, which implies the other 2 also so intended, since a busdriver is an all-or-none role.

fair point, did we get more on this? *

On 12/28/2019 at 9:30 PM, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I don't. He, Jabba, and Cal seem the most cleared to me. Granted, any of these roles could be either alignment, but I am inclined at least for now to trust all three, since the existence of their roles are verified to me, if for different reasons and to different extents.

@Caldias you claimed you were a busdriver, is there another portion of your role?

With so little time left, I shall

##vote @EbonHawk

as I don't really have any major suspects, and he seems eager to vote those I am more inclined to trust.

I was offline at this point, and am still not feeling 100% so I don't mind too much being a target rn personally

On 12/28/2019 at 9:38 PM, ovinomanc3r said:

##unvote ghost

##vote Ebon

Trying to hang a town is enough.

quick follow

On 12/28/2019 at 9:54 PM, The Jabbawookie said:

##vote @EbonHawk

We're not doing two no-lynches in a row.

ditto to jabba as well

On 12/28/2019 at 9:57 PM, Bertie Wooster said:

Agreed.

##unvote

##vote EbonHawk

bertie jumps on

On 12/28/2019 at 10:07 PM, Bertie Wooster said:

Not enough votes.

##unvote

##vote ovinomanc3r

but considers the votes and wants a lynch, so I give him town points for that. Jabba and Ovi though seem to be happy getting confirmed by Nips and to follow, watch out for confirmation bias guys

16 hours ago, PodRacer said:

Ovi was a well loved character, town vows to avenge their fallen comrade.

Day three begins and will end at 2230 gmt New years eve.

@EbonHawk @GhostofNobodyInParticular @Caldias @The Jabbawookie JabbawookieJabbawookieJabbawookie @Madaghmire @FortyInRed @Bertie Wooster

7 alive, four to lynch.

not the best result, and I'm part to blame, but also the rest of you could've got anyone to lynch thoughout the day without my vote so no scapegoating. In fact Ovi is more on the rest of you, I wasn't online due to aforementioned wisdom teeth but yet you still hung ovi.. if you weren't so quick to abandon me maybe you get something? RN it looks like nips and jabba fanning the flames to jump back to ovi.

12 hours ago, Caldias said:

So do we know why no one died? I assume a roleblocker got something right?

makes sense

11 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

*lines up with cals post about bus driving yesterday but who did @Caldias targer last night?

8 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

That would imply, given that Cal claims to have swapped you and me, that I was the target, right?

Imply and did are two different thigns, lets hear from Cal

RN my top 3 looks like Nips, Forty, and bertie (not sure on the others as cal could easily be a scum bus driver in a bastard pick your own).. jabba seems clean as no kill and he has a claim about being shot

to get things moving ##vote @FortyInRed

VC

Bertie (1) anon

Forty (1) ebon

7 alive four to lynch

@EbonHawk I busdrove GNIP and Jabba last night

On 12/28/2019 at 4:57 PM, Bertie Wooster said:

Agreed.

##unvote

##vote EbonHawk

On 12/28/2019 at 5:07 PM, Bertie Wooster said:

Not enough votes.

##unvote

##vote ovinomanc3r

Obligatory "I'm bad at this game and don't know what I'm doing" disclaimer, but this feels weird to me. Bertie is fairly quiet until he sees that he can help lynch someone, then he jumps on it. But he's not dumb, he first votes for someone else so he'll read town. I think Ovi was his target all along and this was just a ruse.

What have you to say in your defense @Bertie Wooster ?

I was also possibly roleblocked again last night, not sure though, I didn't hear anything about it if I was

*crickets*

Yeah theres not a lot happening today for some reason.

Just to push it along

##vote fortyinred

23 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

2 hours ago, Madaghmire said:

Yeah theres not a lot happening today for some reason.

Just to push it along

##vote fortyinred

So I didn't really want to have to come out and say this, but I role blocked Bertie last night. I'm pretty sure now that I've gone and said it in the open, it will get me killed, but hopefully it'll give y'all something to work with tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

So I didn't really want to have to come out and say this, but I role blocked Bertie last night. I'm pretty sure now that I've gone and said it in the open, it will get me killed, but hopefully it'll give y'all something to work with tomorrow.

Who'd you RB N1?

##unvote

##vote Bertie Wooster

I think Forty blocked a kill.

I'm willing to go after Bertie but would love to hear his explanation first.

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Who'd you RB N1?

Also would like to know the answer to this @FortyInRed

7 hours ago, Madaghmire said:

##unvote

##vote Bertie Wooster

I think Forty blocked a kill.

unless we hear from bertie before deadline I'll switch..

although could just be bs, I wouldn't say any role is alignment indicative in this game

On 12/29/2019 at 10:57 PM, The Jabbawookie said:

I still feel there's nothing we've really gained from this role of yours so far except that we hung an innocent Santa.

8 hours ago, FortyInRed said:

Well I don't have a night action so that wouldn't do anything. I don't know if you're telling the truth or not.

I'm voting Jabba. I think he picked up on Matt's hint about the role he submitted and ran with it. Nothing he's revealed so far has really helped.

##vote Jabbawookie

VC

Bertie (1) anon

Forty (1) ebon

Bertie(1) mad

Jabba (1) Bertie

Day will end at 2230gmt

7 alive, 4 to lynch

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

hint

there's hints and there's claiming medic

##unvote