Yaimpar be te Bes'uliik OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

I think Kebiin could do some more repairs to the wreck's reactors, Tam can bring the two B1's up to spec (used as crew/recon the base) and the mini-prototype Bes'uliik (B1 salvage and fabrication... should be about the size of a small/medium dog.) also used to patrol the base area, like a probedroid, and proof of concept trials.

Repairing the reactors (Hard Mechanics per) will take a lot of parts (3,000 credits' worth per), and they will also require fuel if you're going to start consistently drawing more power.
It'll take two full work days to finish up a single in-progress B1. You've got two to do, so the VTs can basically double the time Tam puts into it allowing you to finish both in two workdays (but not one in one workday since they're working parallel).

Working on the others, you'll be working with the RAW minion-level combat chassis. You can program them for a higher level of combat capability, but it'll be a very difficult check (and take much more time).

If you want to work through the night, you'll be able to do more, but it may make the rolls harder or have other ill-effects.

A point regarding building the droids, those can be done elsewhere (whether en route or while waiting for whatever) before being brought back to the Recusant to start patrolling.

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Repairing the reactors (Hard Mechanics per) will take a lot of parts (3,000 credits' worth per), and they will also require fuel if you're going to start consistently drawing more power.
It'll take two full work days to finish up a single in-progress B1. You've got two to do, so the VTs can basically double the time Tam puts into it allowing you to finish both in two workdays (but not one in one workday since they're working parallel).

Working on the others, you'll be working with the RAW minion-level combat chassis. You can program them for a higher level of combat capability, but it'll be a very difficult check (and take much more time).

If you want to work through the night, you'll be able to do more, but it may make the rolls harder or have other ill-effects.

A point regarding building the droids, those can be done elsewhere (whether en route or while waiting for whatever) before being brought back to the Recusant to start patrolling.

Well, I doubt we'll need too much power, running most systems at minimum.. I just wanted to stop the radiation leaks over bringing the reactors back to full power.. Am I correct that one reactor would be sufficient to power the "base", life support, sensors, ect? If so, could Kebiin simply strip one of the reactors and use the components to repair the what they would need for base operations.. (Like minimal operations like sensors, life support, maybe weapons/shields...)

How would getting legal scavenging/salvage permits work?

Just now, RuusMarev said:

Well, I doubt we'll need too much power, running most systems at minimum.. I just wanted to stop the radiation leaks over bringing the reactors back to full power.. Am I correct that one reactor would be sufficient to power the "base", life support, sensors, ect? If so, could Kebiin simply strip one of the reactors and use the components to repair the what they would need for base operations.. (Like minimal operations like sensors, life support, maybe weapons/shields...)

Yes, one reactor would be sufficient. It'll only take an Easy check (each) and 1,000 credits of parts (total) to stop the leaks of the other reactors, but the difficulty will be upgraded once. Kebiin will also need protective gear, but the spacesuit will suffice for a short time. (don't roll this yet, let's cross that bridge when we come to it)

3 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

How would getting legal scavenging/salvage permits work?

Average Knowledge (Education) with a Setback.

Kebiin Knowlage : 2eA+2eP+2eD+1eS 5 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
a-a-a.png a-s-s.png p-tr.png p-s-s.png d-th-th.png d-th-th.png s-th.png

There are three tiers of permit:
Tier III:
Authorized to salvage non-military sites that are not active or otherwise restricted. No background check or anything, just 150 credits.
Tier II:
Authorized to salvage military sites and active sites, but not the sites of Imperial military engagements. Requires a background check, a security bond, 300 credits, and an educational course.
Tier I:
Authorized to salvage all sites, including Imperial military engagements. Requires a rigorous background check (with higher standards, and requirements related to political stances and associations), a larger security bond, 500 credits, and a more in-depth educational course. Only Humans are eligible, though a crew containing non-Humans is able to work on the restricted sites as long as the person in charge is Human and has the Tier I permit.

All members of a salvaging crew must also have a license for 50 credits, and must meet any additional requirements required for the outfit's permit.

With the Threat, there is a month-long waiting period to get a permit.

What would you like for the Triumph?

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

There are three tiers of permit:
Tier III:
Authorized to salvage non-military sites that are not active or otherwise restricted. No background check or anything, just 150 credits.
Tier II:
Authorized to salvage military sites and active sites, but not the sites of Imperial military engagements. Requires a background check, a security bond, 300 credits, and an educational course.
Tier I:
Authorized to salvage all sites, including Imperial military engagements. Requires a rigorous background check (with higher standards, and requirements related to political stances and associations), a larger security bond, 500 credits, and a more in-depth educational course. Only Humans are eligible, though a crew containing non-Humans is able to work on the restricted sites as long as the person in charge is Human and has the Tier I permit.

All members of a salvaging crew must also have a license for 50 credits, and must meet any additional requirements required for the outfit's permit.

With the Threat, there is a month-long waiting period to get a permit.

What would you like for the Triumph?

I don't suppose the Official we find is a sympathizer/Rebel and they can get us the proper documentation without the detail that we're Mandalorian.. Unless that bit doesn't matter? (Lucky we have Arde... the lone Human..)

6 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

I don't suppose the Official we find is a sympathizer/Rebel and they can get us the proper documentation without the detail that we're Mandalorian.. Unless that bit doesn't matter? (Lucky we have Arde... the lone Human..)

Mandalorian raises significant red flags if you are applying for a Tier I or II permit, but for a Tier III you'd be fine.

However, I'll say that Kebiin remembers that her dad had a friend who did this sort of thing, maybe she can gain a bit of leverage there to bend the rules in some regards.

He was from their original homeworld before they relocated to Haven. You're looking for Bejo Fayar (a Human) on Lantilles.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
Got the tiers backwards :O

that'll work..

Destiny : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Naz Destiny : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Starting off great.

I suppose while all this has been going on, I'd like to just have Arde keep an eye out for anything coming their way (not that it amounts to much right now).

As for Naz, can I have him be working on Vacuum Sealed attachments for he and Arde's armor?

7 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

I suppose while all this has been going on, I'd like to just have Arde keep an eye out for anything coming their way (not that it amounts to much right now).

As for Naz, can I have him be working on Vacuum Sealed attachments for he and Arde's armor?

I've compiled a list of profiles for crafting attachments: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PxhoLPWdTKbKGzyJ76FMKJcVdKDQXNppR1pgW8W-WfA/edit?usp=sharing

It isn't complete, so I'll have to approve each one you want to do. If you've got the credits, I'll allow you to go ahead and try to craft the Vacuum Sealed attachment (unless I misunderstood your question).

With the time elapsed aboard the Recusant, I'll say Naz has a full workday to work on the attachment, enough to complete it.

In the process of trying to put together a calendar for this campaign, I realized that I made some mistakes in laying out when this campaign takes place. First and biggest is that I was thinking of 1 BBY as being the year leading up to the Battle of Yavin, which is incorrect. That would be 0 BBY. Second is that it is not a year after the end of Rebels, Rebels ends somewhere in 0 BBY (not entirely sure when. It says "shortly before the battle of Scarif" but I'm not sure that makes a ton of sense. I'd have to rewatch the entire season to really get a good idea of how much time elapses).

However, for our purposes, the last episode that takes place on Mandalore is at the end of 1 BBY. The liberation of Lothal is almost entirely irrelevant.

Long story short, I'm placing the campaign starting a few months into 0 BBY.

The calendar I'm putting together would be for my own use as I'd be making GM notes on it, but would you like a players' version made available to you when I finish it?

Summary of things you guys put on the "to-do" list:

@ShockHelix :
Naz, crafting Vacuum Sealed attachments

@RuusMarev :
Kebiin, stopping the reactor leaks and stabilizing the situation
Tam, finishing the B1s
Tam, prototype mini-Bes'uliike

Both:
Acquiring legal (well, sort of) salvaging permits

The attachment crafting, B1s, and mini-Bes'uliike can be done en route. Based on a rough calculation, you're at about nighttime on the body clock. Next day, working on the reactor and then leaving, you'll get two total workdays (enough for Tam to complete both B1s) before you arrive at Lantilles, spending a night en route.

Please go ahead and roleplay out a planning phase IC, and I'll answer any OOC questions you have.

8 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Summary of things you guys put on the "to-do" list:

@ShockHelix :
Naz, crafting Vacuum Sealed attachments

@RuusMarev :
Kebiin, stopping the reactor leaks and stabilizing the situation
Tam, finishing the B1s
Tam, prototype mini-Bes'uliike

Both:
Acquiring legal (well, sort of) salvaging permits

The attachment crafting, B1s, and mini-Bes'uliike can be done en route. Based on a rough calculation, you're at about nighttime on the body clock. Next day, working on the reactor and then leaving, you'll get two total workdays (enough for Tam to complete both B1s) before you arrive at Lantilles, spending a night en route.

Please go ahead and roleplay out a planning phase IC, and I'll answer any OOC questions you have.

So, I think I remember getting a uhhh, a thing for the ship workbench or whatever rewards from the mechanic sourcebook that reduces the rarity or cost requirement or something of attachments. Do you remember anything about that? It's been awhile for me.

18 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

So, I think I remember getting a uhhh, a thing for the ship workbench or whatever rewards from the mechanic sourcebook that reduces the rarity or cost requirement or something of attachments. Do you remember anything about that? It's been awhile for me.

I'll check. I think it was the spare parts bin. I didn't make a note of it on the ship sheet, but I did note a Research Records advanced benefit.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'll check. I think it was the spare parts bin. I didn't make a note of it on the ship sheet, but I did note a Research Records advanced benefit.

Yes, it was the Spare Parts Bin. I just hadn't accounted for it in the ship sheet yet. It has now been updated.

It reduces the Rarity by 1, which is irrelevant in this case since I'm not requiring a check.

On 6/8/2020 at 8:57 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yes, it was the Spare Parts Bin. I just hadn't accounted for it in the ship sheet yet. It has now been updated.

It reduces the Rarity by 1, which is irrelevant in this case since I'm not requiring a check.

Check or no, I was more concerned with the part about what happens when the rarity is reduced to 0, which unfortunately in this case its not. If I understand it correctly, reducing the rarity to 0 means the character doesn't need to acquire the material and is considered to already have it on hand, which I would expect means it is essentially free since the parts are already on hand.

Regardless, since the rarity isn't 0, I don't have the 1000 cR it would take to make two of the vacuum sealed attachments, so I'm out of luck on that front.

8 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

If I understand it correctly, reducing the rarity to 0 means the character doesn't need to acquire the material and is considered to already have it on hand, which I would expect means it is essentially free since the parts are already on hand.

You are correct.

2eC Negotiation to barter him down, all standard bonuses apply. Each Success reduces his ask by 10k (to a minimum of 50%).

8 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

2eC Negotiation to barter him down, all standard bonuses apply. Each Success reduces his ask by 10k (to a minimum of 50%).

Uhhh, was this intended to be for Kandosii?

3 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Uhhh, was this intended to be for Kandosii?

Errrmmm... Yes. Oops.

I had too many tabs open for my puny fighter plane brain to keep up with. O_O

*waves*

I'll be touching Arde and Naz on their character sheets for a while. Until I have a chance to make some Mandos, or if they grow on me.

Since the forum is shuttering and we're at a good spot to end Session 3, I'm calling it here.

We'll move the game to Discord, starting up at Session 4.

I also have some stuff I need to do ASAP, so this game may be delayed, we'll have to see.