Modifying Dice and Salvo?

By antisocialmunky, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

8 hours ago, RapidReload said:

Weird.

I have another question that I think came up in the reveal thread: what about Spinals? They increase the battery armament but dont add dice as modification.

Also, is the salvo attack considered part of the attack that triggered it? In that, can an accuracy be used to block the evade that would be spent to trigger TRC during Salvo?

As far as i remember, the wording for salvo was printed rear armament . Spinal would not work in this case.

21 hours ago, RapidReload said:

Weird.

I have another question that I think came up in the reveal thread: what about Spinals? They increase the battery armament but dont add dice as modification.

Also, is the salvo attack considered part of the attack that triggered it? In that, can an accuracy be used to block the evade that would be spent to trigger TRC during Salvo?

Spinals don't work, it has been stated as such.

Salvo is considered its own attack, just like how counter works, and thus takes place after the initial attack is concluded.
@antisocialmunky

Correct, CF is the only command that can be resolved outside of a ships activation.
Yes MW and Opening Salvo would not be able to add dice to the "Salvo" defense token. And in fact, spending a Salvo defense token actually triggers Opening Salvo if that ship hasn't attack yet, meaning you would waste the added die effect of Opening Salvo. So, don't do that.

We don't know the full details of how Salvo works, but if I had to make a guess, it will follow how the attack made against you was. AKA, what is the range and was it obstructed for the attacker? Then it is for the defender, but we'll see.

Agate Officer: Yes, you can never resolve crits on squadrons (at least nothing allows that right now)
Dcaps: Huh, yeah good catch. The Dcaps sure do work.

Counter is not Salvo, so the way I see it they both share the same timing window, so you would get to choose which you would resolve frist. So yes, it is two attacks.

We've got the translation of the Salvo tokens. If made right it says you cannot add dice to the attack pool, so Spinal would work.

It still says printed but why they didn't write "during a Salvo attack you cannot add dice"?

Edited by ovinomanc3r
6 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

We've got the translation of the Salvo tokens. If made right it says you cannot add dice to the attack pool, so Spinal would work.

It still says printed but why they didn't write "during a Salvo attack you cannot add dice"?

You can modify dice, Spinal is not modifying and don't take place in the modify dice step. So you can argue both ways, we have to wait for FFG to make that clear. Spinal is not increasing your printed armament, it increases your initial attack pool.

6 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

You cannot add dice, through add effects. But other modification effects (such as spend or cancel) are allowed .

You cannot use spinals, because although the increase the battery Armament, it does not increase the PRINTED armament, which is what Salvo uses.

I mean, if you COULD add dice... Wow. You better believe I’m saving ExRacks to counter punch Demolisher in its smug face.

Andbif they said the dice couldn’t be modified, you couldnt evade or scatter.

So saying you can’t add dice is a good way of restricting it to base without going crazy, and without overpowering it.

They also say you can only resolve the standard critical effect... No doubt because taking Screeded APT shots in return would be BRUTAL

Edited by Drasnighta

I didn't see it specifically mentioned yet, bur IF! should work with Salvo attacks as well.

Edited by eliteone
10 hours ago, eliteone said:

I didn't see it specifically mentioned yet, bur IF! should work with Salvo attacks as well.

Better that that. The Spanish IF! works on Salvo again SQUADRONS as well XD

On 12/13/2019 at 4:06 AM, ovinomanc3r said:

I believe your "battery armament" (language used by spinals) = your printed armament, in which case spinals would not work (unfortunately).

If they wanted spinals to work, they probably would have just said "use your rear battery armament" ( a simple change) which they did not.

Also what about Malee and Salvo?

I think she wouldn't work with Salvo since her card is wirtten that you've activated your ship to perform an attack.

10 minutes ago, eliteone said:

Also what about Malee and Salvo?

I think she wouldn't work with Salvo since her card is wirtten that you've activated your ship to perform an attack.

If the FAQ for Screed is any direction ("This card’s effect can resolve during any ship or squadron’s activation."), you would be able to use her.

It would be limited to use once per the activation of the ship that is attacking you. So in the case their ship takes two shots at yours (double arc) and you salvo back twice, you would only be able to use her during one of the salvo attacks.